Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear brake calipers dragging on rotors when cornering?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake calipers dragging on rotors when cornering?

i put newer used rear brake calipers on my 94Z and now when i take right turns the caliper drags (actually hits the rotor and squeals loudly) against the rotor anyone ever had this problem/knows how to remedy this?Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94Ztwentylate
i put newer used rear brake calipers on my 94Z and now when i take right turns the caliper drags (actually hits the rotor and squeals loudly) against the rotor anyone ever had this problem/knows how to remedy this?Thanks in advance!
Is the caliper hitting the rotor or is it the brake pad retaining clip that is hitting? I had that problem and I had to take the pads out and bend the clips and put them back in. I also had a terrible noise when my dust shield was bent and contacting the rotor on corners.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Teching In

no not quite the same...i can see where the distance from where the caliper hits and ends on the rotor are the same as the length of wear i see on the rotor if that makes sense..so i dont think its the clips..ive heard of this problem before but no one has ever said how they fixed it?im thinking of just sayin F it and doin a c5 rear conversion..