Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 Springs on AFCO Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QA1 Springs on AFCO Coilovers

I have a set of old style AFCO 1870Fs with coilover kit and QA1 springs.

I did not receive instructions with these or have been able to find instructions online on how to assemble these coilovers. If anyone has a link to instructions or could tell me how to assemble these I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw the adjuster nut all the way down the shock. Slide bearing down onto adjuster. Slide spring down over shock. (What weight and length spring do you have?) Make sure shock is fully extended. Place upper cup around shock shaft and lock into place with spring clip.

Remove old shock and upper control arm mount. You will need to drill a hole in the shock tower to gain access to the hole in the upper mounting stud. On the upper control arm mount weld a 2" piece of 1 3/4 tubing and then a washer to the tubing where the shock stud would ride. This piece should be welded over the factory hole on the upper mount. Now place one rubber grommet assembly over the stud. Slide the stud into the welded washer on the tubing. Then slide the other grommet assembly over the stud and install the nut. Bolt the whole assembly back into the car.

225-343-9029

Quick Reply: QA1 Springs on AFCO Coilovers