Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

single or double adjustable panhard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010 | 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Default single or double adjustable panhard?

Putting on Strano's and Koni's sould I get a single or double adjustable to center up the rear. Whats the difference ? Also roto joint or poly ? Car is a daily driver.
Old 10-16-2010 | 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Single-adjustable has to be pulled off the car to be adjusted, double-adjustable can be adjusted on the car, I believe.

Roto-joints.
Old 10-16-2010 | 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Element
Single-adjustable has to be pulled off the car to be adjusted, double-adjustable can be adjusted on the car, I believe.

Roto-joints.
The single that I was looking at says on car adjutable.
Old 10-16-2010 | 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah, yeah, forgot those were out now, just allow on-car for combo setups (poly/rod, etc).
Old 10-17-2010 | 07:20 AM
FormerVendor

Hello,

The on car adjustable versions are easier to adjust since they can be adjusted while mounted to the car. For a daily driver I would recommend poly bushings or a poly/rod combo. If I can help anymore please ask.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 10-17-2010 | 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

The on car adjustable versions are easier to adjust since they can be adjusted while mounted to the car. For a daily driver I would recommend poly bushings or a poly/rod combo. If I can help anymore please ask.

Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan,
I was looking at your poly/ roto joint combo. Are you saying that the rod ends are better than the rotor joints for daily driver? I was going to pass on the rod ends because of alot of noise complaints. Also I was wondering what the difference was between single and double adjustable ? As long as its on car adjustable I should be good rite?
Old 10-17-2010 | 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by droptopcamaross
Ryan,
I was looking at your poly/ roto joint combo. Are you saying that the rod ends are better than the rotor joints for daily driver? I was going to pass on the rod ends because of alot of noise complaints. Also I was wondering what the difference was between single and double adjustable ? As long as its on car adjustable I should be good rite?
Oops my mistake, I meant to say poly/roto combination.. so that was an error. Roto-Joints will be much better on a daily driver than rod ends.

Single adjustable means that one end is adjustable and the panhard bar needs to be removed from the car to adjust it. The panhard bar will work the same but requires more work and effort to adjust it. Double adjustable means it has adjustment on each end, which is also on car adjustable. We usually refer to items with rod ends on both ends or Roto-Joints on both ends as double adjustable.

I recommend part # 2029 or #2037 for a daily driver.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 10-17-2010 | 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Oops my mistake, I meant to say poly/roto combination.. so that was an error. Roto-Joints will be much better on a daily driver than rod ends.

Single adjustable means that one end is adjustable and the panhard bar needs to be removed from the car to adjust it. The panhard bar will work the same but requires more work and effort to adjust it. Double adjustable means it has adjustment on each end, which is also on car adjustable. We usually refer to items with rod ends on both ends or Roto-Joints on both ends as double adjustable.

I recommend part # 2029 or #2037 for a daily driver.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

thanks for clearing this up . going to get poly / roto d/a.
Old 10-17-2010 | 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got a double rod-ended phb with no noise issues at all.

Quick Reply: single or double adjustable panhard?