Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help me get some valuable info for all to enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me get some valuable info for all to enjoy

So I am hoping in the next couple of weeks to finally be able to start upgrading the parts on my car that I've wanted to for so long. I'm going to start with the suspension and then move to the rear-end/driveshaft prior to doing significant motor mods.

Anyways, what I was thinking the other day is that since I am planning to do a bunch of upgrades, maybe I should come up with some kind of series of tests I can do to get a good feel of before/after and to help other people out that are trying to make the same decisions I am. So, with that being said, I need some help coming up with what I can do in a controlled and repeated manner to get some good results.

Here's the stats on my car:
2001 WS6
M6
Bolt-in SFC (I want to weld these in, but won't do that until after everything is done)
Air lid
ported TB
!AIR

Here's the list of mods I want to do to the car:
Koni shocks
Strano swaybars
Strano springs (maybe, might just put the koni's on the lower perch and leave stock springs)
C5 conversion (still up on the fence about this too, might just stick with stock)
MWC 9"

So, does anyone have some good tests that I can do to get good empirical data? I do hope to put in an entire carputer system including a 3-axis accelerometer, so hopefully that will help but I need other ideas too. I'm not opposed to setting up some traffic cones and such if someone knows how to properly set them up so that I can get consistent measurements. I was also thinking 0-60 and 60-0 tests, but not sure how much that will be affected by changes in suspension.

Obviously I will do my best to record the qualitative differences also such as steering response, confidence, etc. also, but hoping someone here might have some good ideas.