Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PHB Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's one way of looking at it:

Say your LCA's both rotate up about 20 degrees....I think that's on the high-end, but just putting this out there. I'm estimating your LCA's to be about....what....18 inches long? That translates into the LCA's moving the rear forward about 1.09". Now, that will move the lower point of your panhard rod forward the same 1.09". Now, lets say that your panhard rod is about 36" long, that translates into the upper body mount end having to allow for 1.73 degrees....I know that these bushings are pretty stiff, but I have a hard time believing that the torque applied on the body mount end wouldn't allow for a poly bushing to twist 1.73 degrees side to side. The end on the rear has to allow for much more twisting and rotation than the end mounted to the body. I know it's definitely not perfect to have the poly on the body side, but I can't see it making a huge difference as long as you have an end that rotates freely on the rear.

PS: That same 20 degree movement would move the rear-end of the LCA's up over 6", so I think that 20 degree estimate is pretty damn high.

Last edited by 99FormulaM6r; 11-09-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: PHB Confusion