Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Caster Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Caster Camber Kit

I had my 2000 Trans Am aligned today because i totally did not see a pot hole at night and knocked the alignment out on the right front and i mean knocked it to a negative 2.0 on the right front!! Was pulling to the right really bad as you can imagine!! Well since i am adding black Z06 wheels and new tires I wanted to have it aligned so as not to eat the right front off!!!

Not so shocking was the look I got from the guy who aligned it saying how bad it was and that he took it all the way in and its still negative .1 and has no more adjustment left in it and the only way to adjust it any further would be a caster and camber kit!! Since this website is full of F-bodys and guys and gals who know them better than I do I need some advice on finding and getting a good one!!

Now I know that subframe connectors are coming up soon on this bird as well so taking that in mind I need some advice!! Thank you to anyone in advance!! In case i forget it!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am pretty sure they don't make caster camber kits for our cars.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

i have never seen a camber kit for our cars, -.1 isn't bad though, i'm t -.4 on both sides.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get offset bushings for more camber on these cars, but I've never heard of a "kit" per-say. I wonder if he thought it was a strut-type car (if that would make any difference)?

EDIT: I just reread it and it seems like you're not looking for more negative camber, but want it more positive. While I still don't know about a kit, the offset bushing isn't a good idea to get positive camber..... my mistake!

Last edited by 99FormulaM6r; 11-17-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a bent knuckle.

That's the ONLY way to get -2* negative camber on a totally stock suspended car without any modifications.

My suggestion is to find a different alignment shop ... one that has a qualified tech running the alignment rack.

Had the tech ran a camber sweep, he'd know that there was something skewed.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
You have a bent knuckle.

That's the ONLY way to get -2* negative camber on a totally stock suspended car without any modifications.

My suggestion is to find a different alignment shop ... one that has a qualified tech running the alignment rack.

Had the tech ran a camber sweep, he'd know that there was something skewed.
^^^ I agree with most of the above, have a shop do a Caster sweep which will reveal the S A I ,( indecator to check spindle/knuckle) I would also check upper and lower control arms as well as both ball joints
just my .02' Johnny
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Ok thanks for the advice everyone!! Anyone on the site that is in NC and knows a really good one to go to, and get it looked at i would be greatly appreciative!! just shoot me a message!!

It is still pulling pretty bad to the right i am curious is its b/c it did so much damage to that tire while it was out of alignment i mean its better but not perfect by anymeans!!

Quick Reply: Caster Camber Kit