Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strip suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Strip suspension setup

Hey guys, Im looking in to getting my suspension done pretty soon, and have a couple of questions. First, I think I have decided on Strange Single adjustable for the rear on stock springs. But for the front, would it hurt me that much to just run a Bilstien, or some normal shock for the front? Or will I be seeing alot of benefit to a Strange single adjustable up front as well? Also will the stock spring for the front be effecting me that much as well? Thanks,

EDIT: Car is 2000 TransAm 6 speed
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Drag Racing bred Strange shocks will help Your car on the drag strip tremendously. Having the springs on the shocks where You can preload the spring is another distinct advantadge. If there is anyway possible, save up the money to buy the double adjustable rear shocks, it will serve You well!
Another advantadge is knowing how to use the adjustable shocks to make Your car perform, I will be glad to share this with You. Once You know how to use the shocks to make Your car work right You will be happy as ever, it is fun to twist a dial the correct way and see the short times drop!
Carl
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Carl. Yeah I cant wait to have those 1.5 or maybe even 1.4 60' times.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

quick times
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you could afford only one or the other (front or rear) that would be a hard decision since they are both beneficial at the drag strip. Ideally a double adjustable for the rear and single adjustable for the front would be great. You really need to be able to adjust the front shock rebound to control extension. This really helps to tune the cars weight transfer. If you can afford it, definitely do both...
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!