Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thinking about BMR Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking about BMR Lowering Springs

I'm thinking about putting the bmr lowering springs on my 99 procharged ws6. I like way the car handles now it has a lot of suspenion except for springs and shocks. I like the way the cars look lowered but do not want to do shock right now because i don't have that kind of money. Was thinking about just doing the springs. Question i have is if i do just springs will it ruin the way it rides now, if that is the case i'll just leave the stock springs and shocks in it for now.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have the new BMR springs and you will definitely love the way it will look. I would just wait till you can do the springs/shocks at the same time.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lowering springs with stock shocks probably won't ride very well. The stock shocks have hard enough time dampening the car with stock springs, increasing the rate and limiting the travel won't make it any better. If I were you I'd get better shocks FIRST and then springs later....I think you'll be surprised how much better it handles and even rides with a set of good shocks. Either way you'll have to go through basically the same amount of work (springs before shocks, shocks before springs).
Old 11-17-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Lowering springs with stock shocks probably won't ride very well. The stock shocks have hard enough time dampening the car with stock springs, increasing the rate and limiting the travel won't make it any better. If I were you I'd get better shocks FIRST and then springs later....I think you'll be surprised how much better it handles and even rides with a set of good shocks. Either way you'll have to go through basically the same amount of work (springs before shocks, shocks before springs).
^This!
Putting lowering springs on stock shocks is like putting your pants on first then your drawers... pointless!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

That's what i kinda figured. I'll have to start saving along with money for a house, could be a little bit. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love my bmr springs, and def do koni's out back, if you cant afford to do all 4. the off car adj. ones you can adjust on the car by just loosening one nut, so thatll save $$...
Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you consider your labor free and can do all of the work yourself, and if you don't mind doing it all over again you could try it with the stock shocks. If your shocks are still ok, you would be fine for a while and can then swap shocks out later. Otherwise I would just wait until you can afford to do both...
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Thinking about BMR Lowering Springs