Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Competition Engineering Sub Frame Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010 | 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Competition Engineering Sub Frame Connectors

I was looking at getting a pair of subframe connectors for my 99 Z. I want to get bolt on ones for the moment because I don't have the money to get the welded in but i will later. I was thinking about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Competition-En...1999&carId=010

but I haven't been able to find any reviews on them. Anyone have any experience with them, trouble with welding in later, exhaust clearance? Are there better bolt on one's for the same price?

I know they are bolt on and the bolts and holes will eventually wear but I will get them welded in soon enough i just hate hearing my chassis flex coming in and out of my driveway.
Old 11-23-2010 | 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Hello,

I don't have any experience with them as we have never installed them here. You could however also consider a set of UMI bolt in SFC's. There is quite a few members here using them and I am sure they will chime in with some feedback. Our SFC's are 100% bolt in, they require no welding, drilling or cutting and can be installed in 30 minutes with basic hand tools. They can also be welded at any time in the future. I posted a link below, please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

www.umiperformance.com/2002

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 11-23-2010 | 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28

but I haven't been able to find any reviews on them.

In the absence of reviews I tend to run a web search on the company that sells whatever part I'm looking at and check their business practices before buying those parts. Never know whats going to happen.
Old 11-23-2010 | 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've heard a lot of people use UMI. They sound like a pretty solid product and thats pretty much exactly what i'm looking for. It would only be $18 to ship them too. I think thats what I'm gonna go with. May be after christmas but I'll see what I can do. Thanks Ryan.

Last edited by 85CamaroZ28; 11-23-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: looked on website
Old 11-23-2010 | 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
I've heard a lot of people use UMI. They sound like a pretty solid product and thats pretty much exactly what i'm looking for. What's shipping usually run on those? i can get free shipping on Amazon prime on the Comp Eng ones and that's mainly the reason I was gonna get them.
You would be very pleased with this item and its fitment. I will PM you for shipping address to keep it off this thread.

Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Competition Engineering Sub Frame Connectors