Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension advice

i'm going to start rebuilding my whole suspension front and rear
this car is going to be mainly strip and a lil street driving like to work or the store and drive 100 miles round trip to the track
1.umi k member with cm adj lower a arms with poly motor mounts
2. i'm thinking of going strange front brake with there SA front shocks with 300lb springs
3.i'm going to be ordering a strange s-60 with pst drive shaft and strange rear brakes and strange DA shocks
the motor is stock atm i plan on doing a forged 408 with n2o first til i can go fi
and a 4l80 with a trans brake 3.73 gears
now what i need advice on is what trq arm will be best and also what other things should i get like adj rear lower control arms i'm thinking get the trq arm off the trans anything i'm missing please let me know thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Whats your exhaust plan? I know certain TA setups interfere with the exhaust setup especially when you start using the TA relocation kits.

For me I'm planning a true dual setup and had to pick a particular TA relocation kit and TA just so it wouldn't interfere with the exhaust.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

i'm on stock exhaust atm but like i said ill be going to a 408 maybe around tax time and gunna run n20 too start but am going forced induction maybe next year.
that's kinda the advice i need is on the trq arm short or long i'm mainly gunna drag the car just need to drive to the track and then drive home so it will see very limited street other then highway maybe 10 miles too work on nice days and also if anyone knows what is the difference in umi's road race and regular k member roads aren't real bad around here if that makes a difference i'm going to be lightening up the car the usual stuff front supports battery relocation race brakes a/c abs delete and so on.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

any vendors wanna chime in?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

actually im gunna run a stock lq9 with a cam then build a shortblock 408 and so on but still almost the same