Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Few questions on LCA bushings, end links, doublechecking pt numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions on LCA bushings, end links, doublechecking pt numbers

I've got sqeaky end links so I figure I will replace some stuff on the rear of my car. I want to do new LCA bushings, sway bar bushings and new end links. Don't really care to use polyurethane, i'm just gonna go with Moog brand rubber or whatever its made of, but here are a couple questions for people using the Moog end links. I see there are two different part numbers that are the same price, here they are
1. Moog-K5252, standard design, black bushings
2. Moog-K6630, problem solver, HD design, blue bushings
Does anybody know which ones I should be using?????

Can somebody verify this Moog part number being for the rear stock sway bar
Sway Bar bushing-Moog K6686

Here are the Moog LCA bushings I am gonna get
Moog P/N K6178

Just wanting somebody to doublecheck all the parts I have picked out. Anything else I should do on this suspension workday?

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 12-04-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're OK on the LCA bushings...

The sway bar links, I'd actually go with the "blue" polyurethane parts, if I was sticking with the Moog brand.

The rear sway bar bushings, the Moog catalog doesn't list an OD for the bar, so I'd do a little more research.

Actually, with respect to sway bar bushings and end link sets, I'd go with Energy Suspension or Prothane...
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just don't want to give up any ride quality and don't wanna end up with some squeaking stuff like I have now. Whats the advantage to running the polyurethane on sway bars? Besides they are stiffer than rubber.
Got the energy suspension or prothane part numbers I need?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats weird is one website has blue Moog end links that are part number- K6630, then another websites are black and say thermoplastic. I don't know which to get and from where.

Here is a energysuspension kit thats polyurethane. Comes with end links and sway bar bushings. $26 doesn't seem to bad for everything. They are non greasable though. I am mainly worried about the squeaking that sometimes goes hand in hand with poly stuff. Doubt it would affect ride quality any on sways and end links. Is my stock T/A a 19mm rear sway bar?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-5161R/

Quick Reply: Few questions on LCA bushings, end links, doublechecking pt numbers