Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Picture of cut UMI T/A bracket for S60

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Picture of cut UMI T/A bracket for S60

Here's a picture of how I had to cut my UMI torque arm bracket in order to use the second set of holes on my S60.

Cuts were made with a Sawzall and a regular bench vice.

It took several tries cutting, crawling under the car, testing, crawling back out, cutting some more, until I got it right. I didn't see any way to use the first set of holes on the bracket without making contact with the tunnel, and that's with stock ride height and an adjustable PHB. I don't see how anyone could make this work on an S60 without cutting.

If you're interested in getting one then I'd call UMI to see if they could go ahead and cut it for you. If they could pre cut it then it would save you a bunch of cutting/testing/time.

I'm not sure if BMR will pre cut them, but I've seen a template they released to give you an idea of how to cut it.

Either way, not that hard, just annoying.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

installed pics !!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
I'm not sure if BMR will pre cut them, but I've seen a template they released to give you an idea of how to cut it. .
Yes we do offer template to cut your own or if you let us know at time of purchase we can precut the plate before it's powder coated
Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know.

I'm not bashing anyone, just thought others should know ahead of time before they order a torque arm. On the positive side, the UMI T/A was setup pretty well out of the box. I took it for a test drive without changing anything and everything seems to be fine, as far as pinion angle. Again, I'm stock springs, heater hose mod, and Dana 60 rear.

Quick Reply: Picture of cut UMI T/A bracket for S60