Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010 | 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default suspension mods

after christmas shopping i still have some $$ left so i'm thinking about buying some presents for my 02 z28, im thinking about buying this

UMI Performance Non Adj. Panhard Rod & LCA's
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1636

or this

UMI Performance Dual Adj. Panhard Bar & LCA's
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1635

since the price difference kind of big, would buying the adjustable one worth the difference?
what else would fit in suspension mods other than
panhard bar
rear LCA's

i'm also thinking about buying torque arm, but not really sure if it's worth it。

any suggestion would be appreciated。

Ray
Old 12-25-2010 | 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by raysadude
after christmas shopping i still have some $$ left so i'm thinking about buying some presents for my 02 z28, im thinking about buying this

UMI Performance Non Adj. Panhard Rod & LCA's
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1636

or this

UMI Performance Dual Adj. Panhard Bar & LCA's
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1635

since the price difference kind of big, would buying the adjustable one worth the difference?
what else would fit in suspension mods other than
panhard bar
rear LCA's

i'm also thinking about buying torque arm, but not really sure if it's worth it。

any suggestion would be appreciated。

Ray
What do you plan to accomplish with these mods? What do you want your car to do better?
Honestly I don't see a point in buying the non adjustable ones.
Old 12-25-2010 | 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's going to be a street car 80% of the time and will see track maybe once every month so my goal is to have a solid street car that handles well and would do decent at the track.

the problem with it right now is i can't hook from 1st 2nd and 3rd, tires are 275 front and 315 back and they are new all around.
Old 12-26-2010 | 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

it's going to be a street car 80% of the time and will see track maybe once every month so my goal is to have a solid street car that handles well and would do decent at the track.
Well don't expect any of those mods to help handling. If you want to improve handling the first thing you need to look into is getting rid of the factory shocks for some sport shocks (like bilstien, KYB AGX or preferably some Konis). Assuming you have decent tires as well.

the problem with it right now is i can't hook from 1st 2nd and 3rd, tires are 275 front and 315 back and they are new all around.
What kind of power are you making? What kind of tires?
Old 12-26-2010 | 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Are you planning on lowering the car? If not then your stock panhard bard will do fine. If you do plan on lowering the car I suggest this package here:

Still adjustable yet not breaking the bank. You don't need double adjustable.

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...b9f9256f519438

Also when lowering the car you will want LCA relocation brackets to correct the angel of your LCA. These are a must if you want to keep traction! I also recommend getting them in the "bolt in" form incase you blow up your ten bolt and want to get a 9" you can turn around and sell these. You can't sell the "weld in" ones.

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...b9f9256f519438
Old 12-26-2010 | 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Do a lot of research. I bought the first thing I was told to buy and ended up buying a lot of stuff twice. Be smart, have fun!
Old 12-26-2010 | 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

I suggest going with in car adjustable suspension mods for best performance
Old 12-28-2010 | 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is bolt ons only, last time she dyno 330/343 with full exhaust only. Tires are brand new sumitomo 275 front 315 rear
I don't know what she's making now after installing ftp 98mm lid and z06 85mm maf. I figure not much maybe 10rwhp more..
I was thinking that LCA, panhard bar and torque arm, sfc would make my car stiffer, launch and handles better no?
I just don't have any first hand experience and every info that I've is based on what I've read here..any information about what's any of those things do to the car would be appreciate
Old 12-28-2010 | 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

My car is bolt ons only, last time she dyno 330/343 with full exhaust only. Tires are brand new sumitomo 275 front 315 rear
I don't know what she's making now after installing ftp 98mm lid and z06 85mm maf. I figure not much maybe 10rwhp more..
I was thinking that LCA, panhard bar and torque arm, sfc would make my car stiffer, launch and handles better no?
Hook better? Maybe. Handle better? No, not at all.
The point of adjustable LCA's and PHB is to adjust the axle to center it. A short torque arm may help with traction but will hurt handling and possibly cause axle hop when heavy braking. SFC's are arguable, but more often then not people cannot tell a difference. I have a set of 3 point that are welded on and I noticed no difference at all.
The single best thing you can do to your suspension for handling is getting rid of the inadequate stock shocks for some performance sport shocks as Ive already said. The car will be so much more stable, planted and easy to control, and you will have better balance and feel as well.

I just don't have any first hand experience and every info that I've is based on what I've read here..any information about what's any of those things do to the car would be appreciate
Search the suspension forums more and read the stickies:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-tech-faq.html
Old 12-28-2010 | 09:08 PM
On The Tree

the purpose of stiffening the chassis is to allow the shocks to work as the shocks and not let the body absorb so much. I would get the koni's and strano or bmr springs. That helped handling alot. I just installed UMI tq arm, panhard arm lca's and subframe connectors. I will let you know how it feels once I figure my clutch issue out.
Old 12-28-2010 | 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for all the info guys!