Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is this how lowered camaros are supposed to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this how lowered camaros are supposed to ride?

FIRST POST! Just bought a 94 z28 camaro.

Got a new Eibach Pro lowering kit for the front about 10,000 miles ago, and new struts according to the guy I bought it from.

I suffer over speed bumps at school to the point of making a loud THUNK (makes me shiver every time) and My air damn hits the road going over bridges and hitting small bumps in the road. Its scraping so bad that I actually got a exhaust manifold leak, which now needs to be fixed.

Is this something that is pretty typical? Or will new shocks fix this. Im ready to drop 80 bucks for stock springs from autozone if new shocks wont make this go away.

Any help is appreciated

Les
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

contact Sam Strano. He will answer every question asked and is the man when it comes to suspension.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you sure it has the Eibach Pro Kit or could it have the Eibach Sportine Kit? The Pro kit lowers the car 1.3 inches but the Sportline Kit is 1.8 inches. Anything beyond 1-1.25" becomes a problem for a daily driver that sees typical speed bumps, road transitions and pot holes. To an extent you will always have issues with a lowered car when it comes to navigating around road irregularities but if the right parts are used your car can still ride nice and perform well. Based on the description of your problems, it sounds like the car is just too low...
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

It would help to know a few things. Which or the 4 Eibach's they are. Pro-kit are black, Sportlines are red. And LT1 vs. LS1 springs are different (interchangeable, but different). I know the car is a '94, doesn't mean it has those springs necessarily.

The car has "new" shocks on it (fronts are still shocks, not struts). What are they? Lowering springs demand better damping control than some cheap off the part store shelf are going to give you.

Lowered cars are not for everybody... that might be the case here, might not.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Is this how lowered camaros are supposed to ride?