Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

motor done now time for suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011 | 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Default motor done now time for suspension help

finally got the motor compleated now looking to upgrade suspension all suspension is stock except for it is lowered. Where should i start on the suspension besides shocks and sfc,s car should be putting down around 450 to the wheels thanks guys
Old 01-15-2011 | 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any more details about the car? What is it lowered with? What are your goals for the car (street, strip, handling, etc.)?

Shocks are always a good start, and some more info will really help make more recommendations.
Old 01-15-2011 | 02:35 PM
On The Tree

car is lowerd with eibach sportlines and car is just a nice day crusier and may see the track once or twice. just looking to stiffin it up a bit and get alittle better traction
Old 01-15-2011 | 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rob00ss
car is lowerd with eibach sportlines and car is just a nice day crusier and may see the track once or twice. just looking to stiffin it up a bit and get alittle better traction
before you start the sportline must go, and then get strano, or bmr springs with koni shocks, some strano sway bars, tq arm, and sfc panhard bar, shock tower brace.

Last edited by ssam98; 01-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2011 | 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ssam98
before you start the sportline must go, and then get strano, or bmr springs with koni shocks, some strano sway bars, tq arm, and sfc panhard bar, shock tower brace.
Same thought here about Eibach cause I got my Pro-Kit before I joined here and cause everyone around here was telling me how "good" Eibach was so I went with them and now I regret it after riding in a car with Strano/Koni setup.
Old 01-15-2011 | 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sportlines aren't the best riding or performing spring. A good start is improving the shocks, as mentioned Strano or BMR springs seem to combine ride/handling the best into a lowering spring. Start with those (improved shocks/springs) before you go into other suspension mods, you may find that you don't need as much to stiffen your chassis once you have proper dampening.

Otherwise, for traction LCA's and even LCA relocation brackets and a TA could help you out, along with a PHB to center the rear wheels (not just for traction, but to help the car function as it should lowered). STB is debatable, there aren't too many stresses put along the top of the shock towers as the fbody front suspension uses shocks, not struts, and most stresses are put along the K-member. I really want to bring my car down to the UW once spring rolls around and actually test the deflection at the top of the shock towers under normal driving conditions (as well as hard driving conditions) to see if there is any movement that STB's could help with (as the Formula team has the equipment to test).
Old 01-17-2011 | 03:56 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the info guys. Yes deffinitaly the first thing fot me is springs and shocks and i cand find a shock tower brace to fit with the 102 mm intake manifold anyone know of one
Old 01-17-2011 | 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think there was a thread about finding one to fit a 102 and I don't believe there are any....good thing is they're not really that useful for these cars.

Quick Reply: motor done now time for suspension help