Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Trying to build a good setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to build a good setup

Alright to start, the car is a 93 z28, 383 stroker, mild build - All in all the car should be around 400RWHP give or take.

Everything suspension wise is bone stock atm... when I try and launch off the line, or even take off aggressively the car squats on the rear, mostly the pass side.. I get no traction anywhere under 30mph or so.. stock tires too.

So I've got a bunch of stuff I'm looking at buying from a guy i know for a great price... The car is going to be 90% aggressive street driving, I want it to handle but I also want to be able to launch and get traction.

I'm looking at getting....
Bilstein shocks x4
Eibach Pro Kit
Non Adj LCA's
On car adj panhard
35/25mm front and rear swaybars
Boxed weld in SFC's
BMR Adj full length torque arm
strut tower bar

And I've also got some 17" C5's I'm throwing on, 285/40/17 rear tires.

Is there anything else I should look into getting, or any pieces I should change? It looks like it's going to be a great setup but I just want it to be right for my style of driving.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmm.. street driving is subjective. I'm going to say what you have on there is fine for street driving. The only thing I don't see is the LCA relocation brackets. Your LCA's at the current angle won't help for launching. Though having them on the lowest hole causes the rear end to toe out during body roll.. but who cares.. it's just street driving.

There's many things you could do to improve certain things. You'll never get 1 setup thats the best for everything.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by iWon
Alright to start, the car is a 93 z28, 383 stroker, mild build - All in all the car should be around 400RWHP give or take.

Everything suspension wise is bone stock atm... when I try and launch off the line, or even take off aggressively the car squats on the rear, mostly the pass side.. I get no traction anywhere under 30mph or so.. stock tires too.

So I've got a bunch of stuff I'm looking at buying from a guy i know for a great price... The car is going to be 90% aggressive street driving, I want it to handle but I also want to be able to launch and get traction.

I'm looking at getting....
Bilstein shocks x4
Eibach Pro Kit
Non Adj LCA's
On car adj panhard
35/25mm front and rear swaybars
Boxed weld in SFC's
BMR Adj full length torque arm
strut tower bar

And I've also got some 17" C5's I'm throwing on, 285/40/17 rear tires.

Is there anything else I should look into getting, or any pieces I should change? It looks like it's going to be a great setup but I just want it to be right for my style of driving.
You have a pretty solid set up there, the only part/s I don't like are the Eibach springs which tend to sag after time but otherwise it seems Like you have everything covered for a street car. Also if you are going to Lower control arm relocation brackets I would recommend using an adjustable lower which will give you the ability to center the wheel in the wheel well.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Please guys dont be fooled by this iwon guy,he his actually youngmaro!!!He is asking questions like this to try and fool people...He was banned from here early last month for making threats to peope..76 posts and he just joined on jan 10,2011

Quick Reply: Trying to build a good setup