Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tq arm Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tq arm Question

Ok, my car is lowered with a pro kit, and has a Moser 12 bolt. I had a BMR tq arm which worked fine on the 10 bolt. After the install of the 12 bolt there was an intermittent banging and my cars handling really sucked. It felt like it had a rod stuck thru the roof and it was yawing side to side.
I got under the car and the tq arm was rubbing up against the tunnel and it created a nice divot in the floor pan. The bmr has the two sets of mounting holes and it was mounted correctly. The rear end was centered also. I also had a Random tech tq arm that had a broken bottom bracket and tried to see if that would fit. It looked like it would be ok on side clearance but the holes would not line up with the Moser.. The stock tq arm will fit. Anyway , when I buy a tq arm do I need to specify what type rear I have? And the ones with two sets of holes will not work on my car, to wide. Are there any out there that will work with a lowered car and a Moser 12 bolt?
Old 02-13-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plenty will work with lowered cars...not so many will work with a 12-bolt.
Most if not all of the aftermarket torque arms will have to be modified (if only slightly) to fit the TA mounts on the 12-bolts.

Spohn claims this one will fit the 12-bolts .. but it will be much nosier than stock.
http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1329
Old 02-15-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

If you have an aftermarket TA and a 12-bolt then plan on investing in an angle grinder

The one TA that I've seen firsthand that may work with a 12-bolt is the Edelbrock - although I've not installed one to confirm. Last I heard LG was considering a version of their very nice TA specifically for a 12-bolt, but I don't know if that ever came to fruition.