Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front control arm busing material?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a feeling that would be his stance as well. I got a extra set of front stock upper/lower a-arms I'm getting ready to powder coat black & put new moog ball-joints & rubber bushings in. My front end feels sloppy at best, but I cant blame it, the car had 160k miles on it & is still on original bushings, ball joints, springs & worn out shocks.

If my overtime picks up soon I'll grab a set of Bilstein shocks to install too. I hate the roads around here, I see people lowered but I scrape at stock height, no friggin way I'm gonna be able to lower mine & be happy with it.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to replace the rear bushing on the lower control arm. How do I press the bushings in/out? And if anyone knows, would a bad control arm bushing be causing my car to sway at WOT? It floats around when your on it, and you feel the weight come down on the front wheels and the front end just feels loose.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your weight transfers to the back when you go WOT, then it would make sense that the front end floats around slightly. When the weight falls back on the front, however, it shouldn't feel loose. Could be bushings, or a number of things I suppose.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I think Im gonna have to go Moog with the front bushings. Ill be ordering the 1LE bushings for the rear control arms tomorrow.

Yay for progress!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000xSILVERxWS6
I need to replace the rear bushing on the lower control arm. How do I press the bushings in/out? And if anyone knows, would a bad control arm bushing be causing my car to sway at WOT? It floats around when your on it, and you feel the weight come down on the front wheels and the front end just feels loose.
Can be done with a socket, a piece of pipe large enough to fit over the shoulder of the bushing, and a vice. It's an exercise in frustration, but it does work. People also burn them out, which I'm not a big fan of.

You can take them to Napa if they have a machine shop, some do. Pepboys can also press them out, and press the new ones back in.

Last edited by lees02WS6; 02-22-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: front control arm busing material?