Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My Trans Am Sways at WOT???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Do you have stock shocks, and if so, how many miles on them? If you have bagged-out high mileage stock shocks, your front end is going to lift at WOT and will be unstable over surface variations, producing the symptoms you describe. It's squirrely and you can't control the car.
That's half the fun
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Do you have stock shocks, and if so, how many miles on them? If you have bagged-out high mileage stock shocks, your front end is going to lift at WOT and will be unstable over surface variations, producing the symptoms you describe. It's squirrely and you can't control the car.
plus with all the power of that blower... yeah. listen to BMR sales. he expanded more on what i was trying to say earlier.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
I have been wrong before and may be again.
I beg to differ with the above statment, every car I have seen go WOT has raised the front a given amount and dipped the front when HARD braking .
I will stand at attition IF I need be corrected.
Johnny
Lol, he was being sarcastic man. Internet sarcasm sucks, I know. Anyway, OP I think it is a mixture of the loose TRE and the stock shocks. My car does this is as well. I just accounted it to 430whp and stock *** suspension. I can feel the rear end swaying back and forth even when the tires aren't breaking traction. My front end is tight and nothing is loose.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

my buddy had a t/a that would wobble back and forth ALOT at wot. When asked for my advice first thing i noticed, was his front wheels didnt have wheel weights, and also were low on air. The next day he got his tires balanced and aired up, the wobble went away.

Quick Reply: My Trans Am Sways at WOT???