Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Track setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Track setup questions

Im heading out to the track again tonight and I'm looking for some advice on improving 60 foot times.

Suspension mods are KYB adjustable front struts with QA1 275lb springs, UMI TQ arm, Spohn Panhard bar, and Lakewood Lower control arms with pre-load bars. Running M&H Racemasters 26x11.50x16 @ 12-14#

I had the car out a few weeks ago and the track was very cold and we were having issues getting traction on most passes.

Does anyone have experience with these lower control arms? I had previously put the car on the ground, installed the pre-load bars and then pre-loaded them so there was little squish in the rear, is this correct? I have considered raising the car and supporting the body and letting the rear droop and then pre-loading the control arms at that point, is this something to try?

Car has a best of a 1.64 60ft on motor, but I personally think it can do better. Any advise on setup/suspension is welcomed.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tat 1.64 a'nt bad, bars should be adjusted loaded, just need to play with the load at the track, I ran them several years ago, I liked them at the time, don't remenber the 60'
Johnny