Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Really weird suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Really weird suspension issue

Alright guys last summer, I exploded my 10 bolt and opted to go with the S60. Im using a UMI rear sway bar with the extended end links that were included in the box with my rear from spohn. After I installed the rear and everything was buttoned up I took it off of my lift and drove it around for awhile just to check everything. I looked under it at all the stuff I played with and everything looked perfect. Well a few months after that I jacked the car up to swap out my tires and I noticed the endlink bolt was actually bent. It wasnt like this before I jacked it up so I am wondering what caused the endlink bolt to bend when I jacked the car up? Sorry if I am a little slow lol but this is a weird freaking problem that ive never encountered. Thanks alot guys
Old 03-03-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sway bar end links generally have a reasonable amount of "give" in them, so it takes some force to really bend one. If you did indeed bend one, I'd be suspicious that you hit something while driving the car, and didn't initially realize it.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I thought first to. When I got home from work today I replaced the end link bolts with new bolts same grade length etc and went for a ride and no issue (no holes hit for sure). I jacked the car up to sneek under and take a look ( i swapped bolts out on my lift but my dad had a car on it when i got back from the ride) and the bolt on the side I jacked up only was bent, almost like their is excess force being applied to the bolt when it is jacked up. The side i didnt jack was fine. Now it makes a clunk noise on that side when I drive it. Im ready to just do the end links that are adjustable and call it a day. I cant seem to put my finger on what is going on here.