Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

2010 SS Camaro Brembos with Vibration counterweights fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2010 SS Camaro Brembos with Vibration counterweights fit?

I want to try the 2010 Brembo brakes on my 2001, and know they are pretty much the same as the CTS-V calipers.... but most sets ive seen have the vibration counterweights mounted along the top (the 4 round peices). can these counterweights be removed?? i dont see them fitting under 18's with the weights in place....

and before someone mentions it... i dont want to use the ctsv brembos... dont want to spend the extra money powder coating and cant find them at a reasonable price anymore.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC they can easily be removed. They were a solution (albeit ugly) to a vibration issue in the braking system.. The calipers are the same as the very first ones that didn't have the weight.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just did a little google research and answered my question,,, the later calipers had the weights on the pads. aftermarket pads don't typically have the weights and no one reports much of a problem, so i guess im stuck using HPS pads... gosh
Old 03-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so how do you remove the "roller skates" on the calipers? and if that's removed and aftermarket pads dont have weights on the pads whats stopping them from having the issues that caused the skates to be added? Also, what wheels are you using?

Quick Reply: 2010 SS Camaro Brembos with Vibration counterweights fit?