Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake line fitting to 1/8 npt

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brake line fitting to 1/8 npt

I have a line lock and pp valve for my 98. What I was wondering is if i would be able to un bolt the front brake line from the abs block and use an 1/8 npt male adaptor on it so I can thread the line direct to the line lock without cuting it. The line lock I have uses 1/8npt male fitting to thread in/out of it. I'm looking to take the two stock lines from the master cyclinder and place an adaptor on them so I can thread them into the line lock and pp valve without cutting them.

I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so what size adaptor fitting would I need to adapt the stock line over to a 1/8 npt?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can source the metric fittings it can be done. if you go through my profile and find the thread I started about deleting my abs theres a link posted in it for a company who sells kits and fittings to adapt everything to a linelock. I decided to cut my lines and install 1/4" flare fittings on them and adapt it all over myself. Took a bit of extra work but I did it for about half the price. Dont get me wrong it looks good but there kit looks a lot more professional.