Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Instant Center

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Instant Center

when using a BMR relco frame (tunnel ) mount for the TA if I lower the front of the TA at the pivot point where the bracket connects the TA to the frame mount, the bracket has 3 sets of holes WILL THIS MOVE the instant center to the front or to the rear?
now the reason for the question I have been fighting Bad wheel hop for 5-6 years and when I lower the front of the TA the hop seams to get worse. I have the adj LCA in the reloco bottom holes.
car is lowered 1 3/4 to 2" around do not remenber the brand of shocks, with 9"/ 4.11/detroit locker/adj LCA/ adj PHB/LCA reloco brackets/adj TA/adj QA1 shocks/rear air bags/
tried P-ANGLE @-1% to-2 1/2% about 410-420 hp
had same wheel hop with the 10 bolt also, does not change with 275-17 nitto DR/275-17 AND 295-17mt DR/several diff street tire

all help welcome
Johnny

Last edited by SS SLP2; 03-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Lowering the front mount of the torque arm moves the instant center rearward. How angled are your lower control arms? Are they fairly level? What shock setting are you at on the QA1's? How much bag presure do you run? 1.75" to 2 inches is quite a bit of lowering but you shoukld be able to keep it from whel hopping. It sounds like you have all the right parts, we just need to get everything set up properly...
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Lowering the front mount of the torque arm moves the instant center rearward. How angled are your lower control arms? Are they fairly level? What shock setting are you at on the QA1's? How much bag presure do you run? 1.75" to 2 inches is quite a bit of lowering but you shoukld be able to keep it from whel hopping. It sounds like you have all the right parts, we just need to get everything set up properly...
BMR thank you for your instrest in my problem

in addition to the info posted in my first post

I do have SFC

Rear stablizer bar is 1 " dia

air bags right side run 8-15 # left @4-8 #

QA1 single adj running right setting @ 3-9, left @1-7

LCA set @7% (up to the front) can go to 9%

ADJ TA with pinion angle @ -2 ( can be set to anything)

bottom of TA set @3 1/2 % ( front end going up)have diff mounting holes so may go to 7 1/2 %

thanks again, Johnny