Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Delete question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Delete question

Ok, so this may be my first post, but the amount of research I do on here makes it feel like i'm here just as much as most of you! Anyway...

I'm forced to delete my ABS due to the relocation of my alternator to the drivers side. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm looking to come out of the master cylinder into a T for the front brakes, and out of the master again into a proportioning valve and out to the rears?

I'm not interested in a line lock, and already own a double flaring tool, so i'm thinking some 3/16" line, fittings, prop valve, and T, and i'd be set?

Also, i'm at work looking to order these parts, so I can't get to my car...with that said, on a 97' Z28, IIRC, aren't there two lines going to the rear, which would necessitate the need for a single inlet, double outlet proportioning valve?

And finally, for those who may know, what size fittings, and type of flare should be used (someone told me 4th gens use a bubble flare?)...and going to the rear is the size 3/16" or 1/4".

Thanks,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been a while but I think Burkhart or one of those guys sells the abs delete block so it's pretty much plug and play.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We do sell a delete block. No need to make new lines.

Quick Reply: ABS Delete question