Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Some good front suspension upgrades to tighten things up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some good front suspension upgrades to tighten things up?

I'm beginning to think some stuff in my front suspension/steering is slightly worn somewhere. My steering is responsive, but some things just feel "loose" it's hard to explain. What are some good things to upgrade the front suspension with that typically wears out on these cars? Tie rods, tie rod ends? Control arm bushings? I've done a good bit of rear suspension/bushings etc, but nothing in the front yet, just springs and shocks. Also a previous owner had installed poly sway bar end links on the rear, but not on the front, so I guess I'll do the fronts too.. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I'm beginning to think some stuff in my front suspension/steering is slightly worn somewhere. My steering is responsive, but some things just feel "loose" it's hard to explain. What are some good things to upgrade the front suspension with that typically wears out on these cars? Tie rods, tie rod ends? Control arm bushings? I've done a good bit of rear suspension/bushings etc, but nothing in the front yet, just springs and shocks. Also a previous owner had installed poly sway bar end links on the rear, but not on the front, so I guess I'll do the fronts too.. Thanks
Yes!!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the bushing that everyone says don't put a poly bushing on due to binding? And what of those parts usually wears the most?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HoLLo
What's the bushing that everyone says don't put a poly bushing on due to binding? And what of those parts usually wears the most?
I think you're referring to the rearmost bushing on the front, lower control arm, also known as the "caster" bushing.