Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Rims call for a drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rims call for a drop

I just got OEM sized black ZO6 rims with apolished lip. They look great but they made the 4x4 stance worse. I need good lowering springs. Im considering Hotchkiss,LG, or Eibach. Is there a reason everyone gets Eibach, are they really that good? Also any feedback on Kenny Brown triple rate spirings would be nice, they seem like they would be a good spring?

I will post pics ASAP of the rims on my car. They are bad azz and everyone compliments me on them(even the cop that pulled me over to look at them), but the only thing is my car sticks out like a sore thumb now and ive been pulled over three times since i put them on(its been a week) It just looks faster r something!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:34 PM
PR Director

How much you want to drop the car? Most people get the eibach because it drops the car about 1.5" all around. The Hotckis are a 1" drop all around and the G2 Super Springs drop your car 1.5" in the front and 1.8" in the rear. It also depends on the car. Two cars can have the same springs and one might look lower. If you don't want to drop the car to much go for the Eibachs or Hotchkis, but I have heard that Hotckiss actually lower a Trans Am more than 1" because they are heavier than the Camaros. I have the G2 Super Springs on my car and I think the stance is just right.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

I dont want more than 1.5 inches anywhere b/c i want long tubes and i would like the ceramic coating to stay on them! Thank for the info. Anyone have the Kenny Browns, im really curious about those? Thanx
Old 02-19-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I LOVE my Eibachs, I have no trouble with height over just about anything, and they helped handeling a great deal.

Pro-Kit
Old 02-22-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh yes, another victim of the 4x4 blues. I think everyone suffers this when they dump the stockers for a new set of wheels. I originally bought some Eibachs but got spooked after I read too many stories of sagging rears. This may or may not still be a problem - not sure.

Anyway, I opted for the Bilstein Tuned Suspension which uses Hyperco Springs with spring rates matched to the Bilstein HD's. Kinda expensive but the drop was perfect and the car handles extremely well.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. I have a pic on webshots, look under Be Cool radiator.

http://community.webshots.com/user/modmyz

Quick Reply: New Rims call for a drop