Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

another spring/shock thread. just need a lil advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Default another spring/shock thread. just need a lil advice

Hey guys im sure these posts are very frequent here but im doing suspension mods on my 2000 ws6. has H/C/Stall already. added lca'sm a strut brace, and a phb doing the relocation brackets next followed by sub frame connects. thinking if i need to upgrade shocks and springs to help run a better time.
im looking for a great drag setup dont mind if streets a lil rougher than stock.
heres what im considering:

springs: stranos front and back should lower it a lil over an inch
rates front 550 lbs/in rear 150 lbs/in working rate

as far as shocks want koni yellows front and back.

what can i expect from this setup other than parting with a few weeks pay haha
or what in your opinion would you choose for this setup?
Thanks
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stranos aren't a good drag spring. They were designed for AutoX since that's how Strano runs his car. They are definitely not a drag spring.

If you're looking for straight drag racing suspension set-up, I would look at different springs...
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

But as far as non-specific drag springs mine are some of the best. Mostly because I don't run them super low, or run real high rear rates which means the car will still hook. See, traction and power down are important for me too, not just drag racers.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
But as far as non-specific drag springs mine are some of the best. Mostly because I don't run them super low, or run real high rear rates which means the car will still hook. See, traction and power down are important for me too, not just drag racers.
i do not want my car lowered too much either. are the springs im considering more of a performance handling option?
Thanks for the fast reply Sam!
Old 04-07-2011 | 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by egott_91
Stranos aren't a good drag spring. They were designed for AutoX since that's how Strano runs his car. They are definitely not a drag spring.

If you're looking for straight drag racing suspension set-up, I would look at different springs...
what would you recommend for my setup lots of racing but also driving it around town and cruising. i thinking the koni yellows would be a good choice. whats your take on springs?
Old 04-08-2011 | 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Konis with stock springs. The front konis on the lower circlip and the heater hose mod in the rear.
Old 04-08-2011 | 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
Konis with stock springs. The front konis on the lower circlip and the heater hose mod in the rear.
Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-08-2011 | 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my strano springs. I wouldn't stray anyone away from buying them. They're great. But as far as a straight drag setup that's not what I'd go with.

If you're looking for just better all around handling with a nice lowering amount (not slammed like sportlines) and going to the track occasionally, Stranos would definitely be my choice, obviously since that's what I went with. Lol.
Old 04-08-2011 | 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

remove you front sway bar when drag racing,the Strano springs will work great.