Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring settle question Strano's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by redtail2426
Im not sure where this thread is going,but i dont think anyone is questioning sams products.I think what Chaman is trying to get at is when someone explaines why they went with a drifferent Brand like Bmr,as i did,Sam makes smart *** remarks back to that person.I simply stated why i went with bmr springs,because i like the stance better.I did a lot of pic searching and found some cars looked to low in the back for my taste with the Strano springs,Do a search,i know im not the only one.And Sam thought my post was ammusing.I didnt bash Sams product is any way,was simply explaining why i went with Bmr,to possibly help someone else looking for Springs.Chaman was just stating the obvious,Sam will start drama crap if you purchase another brand and explain why.I also went with BMR because if the excellent customer service.Sam you make a great product without a doubt,but its not going to be for everyone.
IMPOSSIBLE! The Strano Cheer-leading section said is a sin to even question whatever melodramatic **** he likes to start!

Its always the same, if someone dares to question Mr Strano the same cheerleaders **** in their panties.

Correct misinformation? Bullshit again. Read the thread. A guy said went back to BMR because he didnt liked the stance and what does Mr Soap Opera said? That BMR copied his springs.....blah, blah...is there any valuable info there. Nope, just the same old ****. Talk about me been immature....say that to Mr Suspension God. He really needs it.

Here is a thread with the Strano springs. A poster noted how it looked lower in the rear, and please do not try to impress me with the wheel arch or openings theory. It looks lower in the back, down to the rocker panels. A couple of other said their looked the same with that setup. Im sure there are others but prefer just to look for another solution than be attacked for even questioning Mr Shock Absorber here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...nowflakes.html

Last edited by chaman; 06-11-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't really been in this sub-forum for a long time. Maybe a couple years; and the first thread I click on is another on-going battle over Sam vs. BMR. It's getting really old.

Having said that, I noticed my Strano's did sit a bit higher in the front, (not higher than the rear), but there was a noticeable bigger gap. Over the years, (maybe within the first year), the gap closed in and looks perfect.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I haven't really been in this sub-forum for a long time. Maybe a couple years; and the first thread I click on is another on-going battle over Sam vs. BMR. It's getting really old.

Having said that, I noticed my Strano's did sit a bit higher in the front, (not higher than the rear), but there was a noticeable bigger gap. Over the years, (maybe within the first year), the gap closed in and looks perfect.
Which is a highly probable explanation and outcome. Im not debating that. What pisses me off is the same attitude of this guy against anyone who thinks differently, and, what is the constant here, the same attacks and remarks against BMR. I remember when I was shopping for springs and my communication with the BMR representative. I was considering the Stranos and the BMR...the guy told me "Stranos are a great spring also" They didnt attacked him!! I finally settled on the BMR becuase the more attractive price.

BMR could have attacked him, instead they were honest...
Old 06-12-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
IMPOSSIBLE! The Strano Cheer-leading section said is a sin to even question whatever melodramatic **** he likes to start!
I don't see sam starting anything, you are the one that came into this thread waving the BMR flag, pounding your chest.

Correct misinformation? Bullshit again. Read the thread. A guy said went back to BMR because he didnt liked the stance and what does Mr Soap Opera said?
Um... YOU may need to read the thread, the guy didn't switch springs at all. He said he went with the other springs based on the pictures he saw on the internet. He never had strano springs at all...

Here is a thread with the Strano springs. A poster noted how it looked lower in the rear, and please do not try to impress me with the wheel arch or openings theory. It looks lower in the back, down to the rocker panels. A couple of other said their looked the same with that setup. Im sure there are others but prefer just to look for another solution than be attacked for even questioning Mr Shock Absorber here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...nowflakes.html
Looks like a reading failure on your part again... Added weight to the rear...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/14771214-post20.html
And where is all this claimed drama and attacking? Sam is not even in the thread at all. Typical Chaman...

Which is a highly probable explanation and outcome. Im not debating that. What pisses me off is the same attitude of this guy against anyone who thinks differently, and, what is the constant here, the same attacks and remarks against BMR.
You may need to step back and take a look at thier history before you start assuming things. Theres a reason for the remarks, and its not just because hes just a big meany, or because its competition. They have history and Sam certainly didn't start it...

I remember when I was shopping for springs and my communication with the BMR representative. I was considering the Stranos and the BMR...the guy told me "Stranos are a great spring also" They didnt attacked him!! I finally settled on the BMR becuase the more attractive price.
BMR could have attacked him, instead they were honest...
So they didn't bad mouth the very springs they copied? Wow, how about that! What a great standup guy, and good example.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Great cheerleading work. Excellent. Cant Sam himself put forward any argument, without attacking of course. Makes one to think he must be paying you or something, of course not, but hey...I mean, its pathetic.

Its no use. Sam is God, he never flame others and BMR/UMI (who BTW started as a little business here at LS1TECH) sucks. Quite a little psychotic world the one you live in.

Do you have an explanation for the two other folks in the thread who also claimed having their cars lower in the rear after the springs were added?? But of course you do, Sam's products never fail and all customers are 100% happy!!....you act like Sam's little faithful doggie. You have any self esteem at all??

I would defend anyone who deserves it, but defending an arrogant, immature/insecure, sour little man?? NEVER. Good luck with your new cheerleading work.

BTW Im done here. The thread and Sam's posts are here for anyone to evaluate them.

Last edited by chaman; 06-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

If someone told Chaman the sky was blue he'd say it's not true. **** him. Sorry, but that's all I have to say about that.

There are people in this world that can't see the forest in among the trees. Frankly the more he whines about me the more help it is because I can argue his (and I put this in quotes on purpose) "points".

When I started making springs they weren't anything like any other set around. The combination of front and rear rates was derived from my own car, and nobody else was using anything like it, not even BMR who claimed their old spring were the best. I have no issue with them claiming that (or anyone else), but even I'm not ballsy to say that in ever situation, for every car, that mine are the best.

Anyway, there are some other details that frankly Chaman can't know. And then all of sudden the "best" springs, completely changed. And boy, changed to being a lot like mine, except the rear rates are slightly different, and they aren't made by the same company or with the same material. Meanwhile I know who makes BMR springs, and while I readily admit who I have made mine not everyone wants to tell other. How do I know? Because they came to see me to try and make my springs, and even told me they would take an example and try and reverse engineer it. That means copy. That doesn't sit well with me, and they make BMR's springs, and BMR not long after comes up with a spring that is a lot more like mine than the old ones they sold for years and told you all were the best? Do the math.

Either you are a moron for believing what you have is better even after they did an about face (since you have old springs). Or you just don't want to see a cut-throat move. And what's worse is if you have the old springs and they are so great then you shouldn't be on here cheerleading about how great their current springs are and how mine aren't, since they are similar (but not the same).

I'm sure this will not end the argument, nothing will. But I want to thank Chaman for giving me a forum to express a small history. There is more, and crap that really shows how some people operate, and have the messages if I need to ever prove how "if you can't beat 'em, assimilate them, if you can't assimilate them, try and kill them" some companies can be. I even was told by others it was a goal to drive me out of business. Funny one guy can be such a thorn in the side of a bigger company. I can see why they did what they did from purely business reasons. I'm just that much of a ***** to ever do that to someone it's not very classy.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be fair, that car sat higher in the front BEFORE the drop, and, he openly admits to adding ~50 pounds of sound dampening to the back of the car.

It would bother me if mine looked like that.. but.. I don't think mine looks like his before shots, so I'm not concerned.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, sure sounds like a lawsuit is brewing...

Copying goes on all the time in industry -- that's why Apple is suing Samsung these days...
Old 06-13-2011, 12:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not the litigious type, and they are free to run their business how they see fit. We work very differently and I'm leaving it at that. I have nothing more to add here, I've said what I've got to say this time around and I'm sure it'll pop up again somewhere soon.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Whatever your problems with BMR, which is your word against theirs, still that's no excuse to flame any of your customers even if they decide to consider any BMR product. Its not their fault, or mine, your differences with them nor they know the details. Its not justified and there is no other way around it. You should be flattered if anything and conduct yourself likewise, IMO. Bad mouthing them every chance you get makes you loose credibility and believe me I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Maybe such an explanation should have been made public earlier. I don't know if any legal action could be of use but let me be honest with you. If I was in your shoes i would have, at least, looked for some legal advice, IMO.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You really have no clue Chaman, you don't. And frankly there are plenty of people who like me just fine, or at least respect me for having actually run these cars and come up with setups vs. just making something up out of the blue. Can't please everyone, and in case you are wondering there are people who dislike others mentioned in this thread too. It's the internet, and I'm not going to curb my opinion because it might ruffle someone's pretty feathers. I certainly will not do it when it's folks screwing with how I make my living, and I imagine you'd be the same way if things like this effected you personally. And I do take this personally, I bust my *** trying to help people. Most appreciate it, and that's what keeps me going, but some just take advantage of it or spout off like they have some clue what goes on in this business world and I can only take so much of it.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude chaman, shut the **** up!! you have ruined this thread! period, no argument. we never saw pictures from op so he couldnt be helped. sam has flamed nobody. you are the one starting ****. i own neither product and impartial to either of you but i'm sorry chaman, you are the one being a bitch.

-matt
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

It's just how out cars look when lowered evenly. Here's my SS with Vogtland springs. Rockers are dead even, but front gap is bigger.

^Thats after 40k miles of "settling" I want to get some Strano's down the line
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

This thread =
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Whatever your problems with BMR, which is your word against theirs,
Sam is one of many who have had problems, you can ask UMI as well. Ofcourse you would be to naive to know about this, but BMR had two web domains "umisucks" and "umisucksd*ck". Both linked to BMRs home page. (the issue with this is when you search UMI on a search engine these domain names come up and link to BMR site) When questioned on here (and other forums) they naturally denied everything. Then someone looked up the owner of the domain name and who would have guessed it, it was the owner of BMR. Naturally the threads disappeared on here, and the domain name was dropped later. This is not the first or last "good business" practices they have shown...
still that's no excuse to flame any of your customers even if they decide to consider any BMR product.
Again, what customers is he "flaming?" Can you point one out?
Its not their fault, or mine, your differences with them nor they know the details. Its not justified and there is no other way around it. You should be flattered if anything and conduct yourself likewise, IMO. Bad mouthing them every chance you get makes you loose credibility and believe me I'm not the only one who sees it that way.
As if he is the only one taking jabs

Maybe such an explanation should have been made public earlier.
Um seriously Chaman? IT HAS, the threads get DELETED. Understand now? You seriously have no clue...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have much to add...but my car is not high in the front just for anyone reading this that is contemplating Strano's. Not the best shots to show height and the front wheels being turned. But trust me "my" car has never looked front high with Stano's

and a couple pictures just hours after the install a couple years ago.

Last edited by ws6pewter; 06-13-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

I'll be fair and will not get BMR or Strano's. How about them APPLE'S!!! LOL jk
Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't buy parts from sam because he is all warm, fuzzy and gives me a reach around.....I buy parts from him because he has first hand experience road racing our beloved chassis, and offers real world advice for building a proper setup. He definitly has an attitude at times but I can respect that......so do I Nothing wrong with speaking your mind and standing by it IMO.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ninetres
I don't buy parts from sam because he is all warm, fuzzy and gives me a reach around.....I buy parts from him because he has first hand experience road racing our beloved chassis, and offers real world advice for building a proper setup. He definitly has an attitude at times but I can respect that......so do I Nothing wrong with speaking your mind and standing by it IMO.
DING, DING, DING...WE HAVE A WINNA...

I've bought from Sam, I've bought from UMI. Over the years I've read enough bad things about BMR (Frrax) that I know to stay away. As a 'little guy' in this business, Sam has done alot and I respect him for that. Nobody here knows what Sam goes though on a daily basis to stay in business. Especially in this economy. I'm sure it's not easy at times and sometimes you end up rubbing people the wrong way. Ironically, the people who complain the most about Sam usually aren't the ones the subject or thread involves in the first place...

Quick Reply: Spring settle question Strano's