Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

AST shocks on the street

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AST shocks on the street

AST offers some pretty bada$$ rear shocks for the F-body, just wandering if anybody has daily driven these shocks on the street. My Konis have not held up, they tend to be fragile. I am curious if its going to be the same story with the AST's. They are shorter for the lowered cars, so since they wont be bottoming out early due to being too long, maybe they will hold up??

My only other option it seems is to have the Koni's rebuilt, and shortened a little to make them "correct"

Thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 138 Likes on 111 Posts

What gen koni are they, 3 or 4? SA or DA? What is your ride height? Do you have bump stops in place?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm an AST dealer. I have a set of my own for another car.... and currently that car in on Koni's waiting on the rear AST's to be fixed.

These are more racing shocks, than street shocks. Koni's are street shocks, just very good ones that offer a lot of control and work well for performance applications and allow me to beat up on guys with uber-dollar stuff most of the time.

I don't know what you are breaking on the Koni's as rears are never an issue... and it's not the length that's a problem as they will compress more than the bumpstops will allow the axle to move.....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AST shocks on the street