Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What all do I need???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What all do I need???

ok looking to put new shocks/struts and springs on my 98 ws6. probably gonna go with koni/bmr......Ive been seeing a lot of different stuff on suspension stuff. Like needing a panhard bar, relocation brackets, heater hose mod, upper control mod etc....can anyone explaine to me what all this is and if I need it etc. My car is a DD and its 98% interstate so pretty smooth driving. I'm not looking to set it up for drag races every weekend etc...just a DD that I get on here and there.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a DD the one thing I would recommend is a decent set of shocks. Bilsteins if you're on a budget, Konis if you have some money to spend.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about replacing all the suspension on a car you just drive on the highway.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What all do you need to have a car lowered? Or lowered PROPERLY?

You could just get shocks and springs and call it a day, but that's not proper.

To properly lower your car, you will need, shocks, springs, adj. panhard bar (to recenter the rear) and an alignment after the parts are installed. As for lower control arm relocation brackets, you can wait and decide if you need those after the car is lowered and if you encounter wheel hop. If you don't have wheel hop after the car is lowered, then there is no need to get the relocation brackets.