Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which rotors drilled, drilled/slotted?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Which rotors drilled, drilled/slotted?

i am about to upgrade my brakes and I wanted to ask which rotors do really well with stock calipers?.....my car is only used for street driving and very rarely sees the dragstrip.....i have researched some, but wanted to see which drilled rotors have the best rep for NOT cracking or warping, which ones have you guys had trouble with?......it seems like hawk hps pads are very popular, but also lots of people seem to like AC Delco factory replacements for low dust......so help me spend some money fellas, there are so many choices, which rotors are the way to go?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brakemotive has a great deal goin on their drill/slotted rotors right now. Check the Sponsor Sales Section. I have had the powerslot d/s rotors on the front my car for several years now, no problems. For a DD, you shouldn't have any problems from any rotors. However, I would stick to stock replacement pads or sometype of low dust pad... bc when you start gettin into high performance pads, they are designed to work best at High/Hot temps, therefore not providing Optimum braking at Cold temps, where you will be doin most of your driving.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^cool, thanks man......anyone have any experience with baer eradispeed rotors?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

or any pics of Gold Drilled only rotors?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time you will have problems with high performance pads is if you get track specific pads. If you are looking to avoid brake dust, go with ceramic-but you will not have a pad that brakes very well. If you don't mind just a little bit of dust, go with something non-ceramic. I work at Stillen Sports Parts (stillen.com) and deal with these questions all day long. I AM NOT A SPONSOR ON HERE, I can only suggest what I know. There are plenty of pads that are much higher performance that do not have cold-stopping issues, you just have to find the right one, which is not difficult to do. I would suggest upgrading to stainless steele brake lines as well.

PM sent.

Quick Reply: Which rotors drilled, drilled/slotted?