Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front end upgrade project..

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
Oh wow. What did they charge for installation?
I honestly cant remember.. It was in the neighborhood of $100.. I think a little less though.. I really want to say $80 but I can't be sure.

Whatever it was, it was totally worth it.. They even re-sprayed it black (I had painted them before sending them in) and even though it didn't really match, the thought was nice for sure. Just that little extra effort they gave tells a lot.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVThuh
Driving around town, there is a marked improvement in performance and just overall comfort.
Excluding track time, how many street miles have you put on these bearings? What's the NVH like? Do you think you could daily drive your car with these bearings and not drive you crazy? I haven't done anything with my front U/LCAs yet and I know there's improvement to be had there. But I also don't want to make my car a pita to drive on the street. One day I'll take it back out for some HPDEs, but I'd like to 'up' the front-end grip for the street also. What do you think? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisRZ28
Excluding track time, how many street miles have you put on these bearings? What's the NVH like? Do you think you could daily drive your car with these bearings and not drive you crazy? I haven't done anything with my front U/LCAs yet and I know there's improvement to be had there. But I also don't want to make my car a pita to drive on the street. One day I'll take it back out for some HPDEs, but I'd like to 'up' the front-end grip for the street also. What do you think? Thanks.
Ive put probably somewhere around 300 miles on the car.. NVH is fine.. I can hear a slight bearing noise going over speedbumps, but thats really all I notice.

Driving down the bumpy 405 freeway, I don't notice a thing, except for how much better it feels now.

I would have no problem driving the car daily with the suspension on it, and usually about 2-3 days out of the week I will drive it instead of my truck, just to make my commute a bit more fun.

If you were closer I would tell you to come check it out..
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice upgrade! Must drive great.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SVThuh
Ive put probably somewhere around 300 miles on the car.. NVH is fine.. I can hear a slight bearing noise going over speedbumps, but thats really all I notice.

Driving down the bumpy 405 freeway, I don't notice a thing, except for how much better it feels now.

I would have no problem driving the car daily with the suspension on it, and usually about 2-3 days out of the week I will drive it instead of my truck, just to make my commute a bit more fun.

If you were closer I would tell you to come check it out..
Excellent! I think this just may be a future mod for me. I don't drive my car everyday either (have a work truck) and most of the time take the wife's car places, and if you were closer, I'd take you up on it! lol!

Quick Reply: Front end upgrade project..