Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

just got my PHB have a ????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my PHB have a ????????

Just got my on car adj PHB yesterday. Was wondering what is best way to install it? I guess the car needs to be on jack stands on the frame so the rear can be moved, is that correct? Then take some measurements to get I centered. Will I be able to get an alignment shop to do a four wheel alignment?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The easiest way to install it is going to be with the the car lifted on jack stands. Since you have stock springs you can set it up to the same length as the stock PHB and be perfectly fine. You can definitely have an alignment shop do a four wheel alignment without any issues.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're using jack stands, i would make sure that they are on the rear axle instead of on the frame.

you want the car's suspension to be loaded when you are adjusting/tightening up the PHB....otherwise, the rear end is going to shift a little to the driver's side when you finally get it set back down on the ground.

when i installed my adjustable PHB, i used Rhino Ramps, and it was very easy to shift the body from one side to the other, since with the PHB not attached at both ends, the only thing keeping it from moving side to side is the springs.....and the springs have a good amount of "give" to them.

just use a large screwdriver through the bolt holes to get the holes on the PHB & the mounting point aligned, then pop the bolt in while it's lined up.

or better yet, since it's an on-car adjustable (mine's not), just leave it set to stock length, get it installed in whatever way is easiest for you, then just be sure to adjust it while the suspension is loaded.