Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

question about spindles

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about spindles

hey guys was curious of the advantage of running a drop spindle vs stock spindle. lil info to maybe help out a lil more i have a 94 camaro roller im putting a bbc in. i have ordered a mwc kmember and upper/lower arms. they informed me it accepts a "ls" style rack only not my "lt" style rack. so im oerdering a ls style rack and know ill have to change my spindles in the process. so curious if i should get drop spindles from a vendor or find some stock ones somewhere. i was looking at the burkart (sp) 2' and also racecraft has 1-2' drop spindles. i also plan on ordering a set of afco double adjustable shocks from mwc if that matters as id like to run a coilover setup. thanks joey
Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the benefits are you can align the front MUCH easier and you can still use stock-height springs/shocks, so no suspension travel loss, and still lower the car
Old 05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

usually the lowererd cars do not work that well as far as weight transfer. There is plenty of ride height adjustment with the Strange or Afco coil-over setups and with a BBC going in there you most likely won't want a drop spindle of any sort. If you are looking into spindles then I have them available as well that will match with the rest of your front end parts, and can also get you into the package pricing deal. Not sure where you go the deal about the rack mounts from... the 93-97 and 98-02 steering racks mount the same. The difference between 93-97 and 98-02 are the engine mounts only. Give me a call so we can be sure we are on the same page with all the components... I have whatever you need for the entire front end!