Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeaky new brakes. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeaky new brakes. Please help!

After a good amount of research, I finally decided on a pair of ceramic brake pads for my 06 Pontiac GXP. They were highly suggested buy numerous people in forums, including this one. However, they are still squeaking loudly after 2 months of use. Initially, I thought it may be normal as a break-in period. I have sent an email to gmpartsdirect addressing this issue, and am waiting for a response. Do I need to "bed the brakes" as instructed on this site? http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put EBC pads and rotors on 3 weeks ago and after reading their instructions complete 'bed in' doesn't occur until 1,000 miles after. Also said squeaking may occur up to that point as well. As far as break in according to them, it said go easy on the brakes for the first 200 miles then little heavier braking from 60 to 20 but it said to not stop harsh at the beginning however they are barely squeaking already. How many miles you put on? Also, were there any break in procedures provided with your pads?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

Did you change the hardware and where did you apply grease to the brakes?

It also may not be the brakes that are squeaking... How and when do you hear the noise?

Quick Reply: Squeaky new brakes. Please help!