Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was listing prices of springs from your *site* the prices for springs range from $249 to $299... WITH SALES TAX AND SHIPPING IT WOULD BE AROUND THE BALL PARK OF 250-300. depending on what you pick..

Again as far as shocks go; they are listed for $379, $419, and the most expensive ones are going for over $1500....

and like i have stated twice now plus installation, and plus the alignment...

I am just stating that "lowering" the car can add up really quick when you do it properly... and if the original poster can get a set of springs from a decent company for a decent price..then it's not a bad option..

I see a few hurt feelings on here, and thats not my intention...

DEAR MR. STRANO,
I haven't knocked on your product or prices, but life is all about options and there are many companies that provide quality suspension products for the F-Body... I also believe that for "normal" to "spirited" driving that you don't have to go all out.

DEAR JD AMG,
I don't even want to entertain the idea of cutting springs, because we all know thats the most stupid thing you can do. And I pulled all my prices of various websites..and i gave ballpark figures for a few different companies... thats why i had different prices, so maybe you can now clearly understand.

and someone posted how they had a gto with eibachs and the car handles good...
THANK YOU FOR ADDING YOUR INPUT AND HONESTY

I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH EIBACH PRODUCTS, BUT I FEEL LIKE MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE DO FOR SOME REASON.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
I am just stating that "lowering" the car can add up really quick when you do it properly... and if the original poster can get a set of springs from a decent company for a decent price..then it's not a bad option..
I agree with the bolded statement, problem is Eibach prokits are known for rear spring sagging with age for these cars.

DEAR JD AMG,
I don't even want to entertain the idea of cutting springs, because we all know thats the most stupid thing you can do. And I pulled all my prices of various websites..and i gave ballpark figures for a few different companies... thats why i had different prices, so maybe you can now clearly understand.
For what its worth you can get away with cutting a coil or two if all you want is looks, its been successfully done before. It would likely be a better pair with stock shocks than lower springs, although neither is "right", cutting the springs is at least cheaper if you want the cheap route out.

I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH EIBACH PRODUCTS, BUT I FEEL LIKE MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE DO FOR SOME REASON.
Search.
The prokit is known for sagging like I mentioned and the sportline kit is arguably the worst lowering springs you can buy for these cars (way too low, sitting you on the bump stops, and way too soft of rates for the drop, so you are slamming into the bumps stops constantly).
Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

I have had eibach springs installed since 2007.... no issues here...now as far as my drop I am not slammed... I haven't hit the bumpstops either... overall I am a happy customer with their products.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BS
They haven't sagged yet. I've had them less than a year. They corrected the factory nose high/rearend droop. The car sits level now on a smooth surface. I also installed SLP Bilsteins, UMI LCA Relocation Brackets and a Double Adjustable Panhard Bar with Roto- Joints. I have a set of Strano Sway Bars that I plan on installing in the next week or so.
I have had eibach springs installed since 2007.... no issues here...now as far as my drop I am not slammed... I haven't hit the bumpstops either... overall I am a happy customer with their products.

so i guess its a good idea if i run the LT1 springs in mine too,

which kit do u have in urs ws6?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 PM
BS
Launching!

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
so i guess its a good idea if i run the LT1 springs in mine too,

which kit do u have in urs ws6?
If the ones you can get for $150 are the LT1 springs (part# 3831.140) go for it. If they're the LS1 springs (part# 3870.140) save up for Stranos.

Last edited by BS; 06-24-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BS
If the ones you can get for $150 are the LT1 springs (part# 3831.140) go for it. If they're the LS1 springs (part# 3870.140) save up for Stranos.
There LS1 springs
Old 06-25-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

I have the pro kit, bmr strut brace, bmr tubular weld in sfc, bmr adj; torque arm, lower control arms, panhard bar, front and rear sway bars, bmr anti squat brackets and the bilsteins... the car handles great! I don't have a spare or any extra weight in the car like a sub box.. it launches straight, and turns. Even better.. it has a predictable and quick handling to it..and almost zero body roll. Both of my cars handle great
Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the pro kit, bmr strut brace, bmr tubular weld in sfc, bmr adj; torque arm, lower control arms, panhard bar, front and rear sway bars, bmr anti squat brackets and the bilsteins... the car handles great! I don't have a spare or any extra weight in the car like a sub box.. it launches straight, and turns. Even better.. it has a predictable and quick handling to it..and almost zero body roll. Both of my cars handle great
U have the prokit for an lt1 or ls1? and i also have one JL 12 Box in the back wit a amp
Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

lt1 pro kit..
Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

lt1 pro kit..
then im prob gonna run the lt1s too, i see everyone is running htem
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
BS
Launching!

I'm. not going to bash Eibachs because I'm happy with mine but call Sam before make a purchase. He may convince you to purchase his springs or end up selling you the Eibachs.

Order Line:
Tech Line:
(800) 729-1831
(814) 849-3417
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Prokit is garbage! So many people have problems with their stance after. Mine is higher in the front and it's been a pain in the *** the make it more even. With the stock shocks in the back speedbumps and bone-jarring.

And you can get a new kit for $220 or so on eBay, $150 for used is not a good idea especially with how they sag. Don't buy em.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BS
I'm. not going to bash Eibachs because I'm happy with mine but call Sam before make a purchase. He may convince you to purchase his springs or end up selling you the Eibachs.

Order Line:
Tech Line:
(800) 729-1831
(814) 849-3417
Originally Posted by MEGATRONSS
Prokit is garbage! So many people have problems with their stance after. Mine is higher in the front and it's been a pain in the *** the make it more even. With the stock shocks in the back speedbumps and bone-jarring.

And you can get a new kit for $220 or so on eBay, $150 for used is not a good idea especially with how they sag. Don't buy em.

yea im not gonna get the used ones, i mite give them a call soon, anyone know why the stock springs on my car looks like it sits higher in the front then the rear? is this normal?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:03 AM
BS
Launching!

Mine looked like it sat lower in the rear until I changed springs and shocks. I've heard it has something to do with the cut and shape of the fenders, more so with the Camaros than the Firebirds.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BS
Mine looked like it sat lower in the rear until I changed springs and shocks. I've heard it has something to do with the cut and shape of the fenders, more so with the Camaros than the Firebirds.
Yea thats exactly wut i have going on rite now with mine its complety stock, i have a JL sub, but it cant weigh more than 40lbs back there lol