Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011 | 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Default New Brakes

BBK's arrived today! Baer 6S Front and Baer 6P Rear, 14" rotors all around. I know, "get 'em on the car and post some pics".... Give it time, have to fix some other peoples cars first before wrenching on my own. Have to say though, the guys at Baer were extremely kind and helpful in making sure I received what I wanted and would work with my application. Extremely happy with the quality straight out of the box, hope I dont bust my nose on the steering wheel once I get them installed. These things dwarf the stockers!
Attached Thumbnails New Brakes-new-brakes-1.jpg   New Brakes-new-brakes-2.jpg   New Brakes-new-brakes-3.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011 | 02:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

What car is this going on?

If its a live axle rear, I hope your doing something to eliminate the C-Clips... Axle movement can cause bad knockback of the pistons leaving you with a dead pedal when you need it most.
Old 07-07-2011 | 11:10 AM
On The Tree

01 SS, I have a Moser 12 bolt rear w/o c-clips. That was a question already raised when ordering the rear kit. If it did have c-clips, Baer has a "Verislide" mount for c-clip style axles.
Old 07-07-2011 | 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice... Im glad someone finally took a proper approach to a big rear kit then. Most of the time, they dont even bother with eliminating the C-Clips and then wonder why their brakes suck.

Quick Reply: New Brakes