Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM abs delete feels like overboosted brakes ?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation SJM abs delete feels like overboosted brakes ?!

So I got my SJM kit like a year ago and installed it and finally finished the whole car two months ago and took it to some events to show it off (havent had a chance to drag her yet) and noticed the brakes are rediculously grabby. When I got the kit from SJM I looked once at the directions and said no way for my aplication (lots of turbo plumbing gets in way) so I tossed em and re-engineered the kit. I ran the small diameter line (rearmost) MC line to the line loc solenoid and into a T fitting and off to the front brakes. The Large diameter line (frontmost) MC line was run to the willwood propotioning valve and to a T fitting to the rear brakes. The brakes have terrific feel with the engine not running and no vaccume in the Booster but once the engine is running the pedal feels really soft (yes its totally bled) and the brakes grab and lock up with unexpected pedal effort (20 lbs of pedal pressure) I'm thinking of just capping off the vac port on the manifold and deleting the line. Was my install procedure incorrect? I lost the directions for the SJM a long time ago.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe you could look into a manual MC kit from bmr, I'm not sure if it's meant to be used with factory brakes though
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

call SJM, I'm sure they would email a set of directions to you.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everyone else's SJM kit is installed similiar to mine with the pro valve on the back brakes and line loc on the front and T fittings afterwards. I wonder if its because my 5" Downpipe spouts exhaust at the passenger side front tire and the carbon is making it want to lock up really easy.

Quick Reply: SJM abs delete feels like overboosted brakes ?!