Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Will I feel/notice Lcas,phb and subframe connectors all at once?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
I have someone local to me selling a 12 bolt moser with all the upgrades and a watts link setup with torque arm etc..

You guys think all that will at least be VERY noticeable ?
Yeah, it will probably feel like your dragging *** everywhere you go. 12 bolts are considerably heavier then 10 bolts (and its unsprung weight most importantly). And its going to be much worse if the guy has a drag oriented diff in there like a locker, expect major understeer.
If I remember right a member on here a while back (LSGun i think) installed a 12 bolt on his car and hated it for handling.
Why do you want a 12 bolt anyway?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I Didn't know it was a drag oriented diff . I though 12 bolts were just stronger than stock units. He is willing to part so maybe I can take just the Watts link setup. Will a torque arm be useful?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends. Since you want to handle you should keep a full length torque arm, otherwise the geometry is compromised under braking. You could consider a torque arm relocation crossmember to get it off the tailshaft though. What you choose will depend partly on what rear end you go with.

As far as the 12 bolt, it is heavier than the 10 bolt. But it is stronger. You aren't really going to get the light weight of the 10 bolt with more strength. I would say the biggest question mark is what differential is in it. If it is a locker or spool it will be useless for you. The other issue is with torque arm nuts coming loose on the 12 bolts, which is why some people bypass them for 9 in based rears.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seller is upgrading to a 9 I believe that's why it's for sale. It's a eaton hd posi. That good?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eaton hd is a great posi and isn't bad like a locker.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
I have someone local to me selling a 12 bolt moser with all the upgrades and a watts link setup with torque arm etc..

You guys think all that will at least be VERY noticeable ? I'd have to save up a bit but its a decent deal for all the parts. I would do sfcs and lcas a the same time too. New diff will have 3.73s too.
If all you are trying to do with the car is "notice a difference" then yes you should notice a difference

Quick Reply: Will I feel/notice Lcas,phb and subframe connectors all at once?