Received 254 Likes on 209 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i have weld wheels.....they have never fallen off
Old 08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I just dont know how those things are fitted/bolted on. Havent seen them or bolted on the hardware myself so its hard to imagine what kind of fit they would have.
They come with thick drilled and threaded aluminum bar stock that fits into the front subframe. You thread the bolts into them through the two holes in each of the subframes. Thus they clamp on the subframe for a very strong grip.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get umi 3 point weld on subframe connectors. I am about to order me a set for my car. The weld in are so much stronger than the bolt ons. Just remember to disconnect your battery before welding on the car it can destroy electronics.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
get umi 3 point weld on subframe connectors. I am about to order me a set for my car. The weld in are so much stronger than the bolt ons. Just remember to disconnect your battery before welding on the car it can destroy electronics.
The beauty of bolt-ons is that if you don't like them, you can take them off. If you do, you can weld them up.

I have weld-ons on my A4 car and I didn't like the impact harshness they added to the ride. But I'm stuck with them. So far, I'm liking the bolt-ons on my M6, but if I decide someday I don't, they're off and sold.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
I just dont know how those things are fitted/bolted on. Havent seen them or bolted on the hardware myself so its hard to imagine what kind of fit they would have but you dont have to think to hard to know a weld is gonna hold over a bolt. IDK about you but I have seen bolts losen up on wheels lol
I've never had a lug nut come off or any other bolt fall off or out. I guess consider myself lucky?

The hardware used to bolt them up is grade 8 if I'm not mistaken and they are a perfect fit.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the main reason i went with bolt in is just the fact to have them welded, you need either a welder or pay someone to weld them in. i was able to do mine in my driveway, that was in 2004 with no problems. like everybody says you can always have them welded in, i cant see it being that much diff between the 2 styles if you change your mind later.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of the weld on subframe connectors from BMR. I will say that i was more than impressed with the quality, fit, and finish. NO REGRETS!!!! VERY HAPPY WITH IT!!

Also, I noticed that after installing the subframes my car felt a bit tighter as far as on the turns. My only mods are BMR lowering springs, adj. panhard, and subframes all BMR.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

So I bolted them on the other day and it actually straightned out the subframe lol, but man the difference is huge the car pulls straight now cant believe they work that great, my car used to pull left bad now its straight as can be on the launch thanks guys
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by danbud22ss
So I bolted them on the other day and it actually straightned out the subframe lol, but man the difference is huge the car pulls straight now cant believe they work that great, my car used to pull left bad now its straight as can be on the launch thanks guys
I was going to comment on that bent jacking point issue, but looks like you figured it out. I installed bolt in SFCs and actually used the bolts/plate to straighten out the subframe, though it was really tough getting that first bolt started I'm very pleased with my UMI bolt ins
Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You guys can talk about the bolt-in subframe connector all you want but without a shadow of a doubt the weld-in style connector is a superior design as far as form and function go. If bolt-in connectors were so awesome you would see them on all the real fast cars.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the jegsters (they were thrown in when i bought my headers) but i havent installed them. when i went to install them, i found out that i had to drill out the 2 holes on the front subframe and that made me stop installing them. im thinking of getting them welded in one day..
Old 09-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

I bought them a week a go from summit the umi 3 point bolt on black they took 15 minutes on a car lift so much netter than the bmr i saw on a trans am stock hieght hug the body soooo much better they are great on handling. Go umi much better brand get the bolt on if you not going to have over 600 hp and get there tunnel brace w/ drive shaft saftey loop and torque arm it is a whole new car thanks summit and umi for tje fast one day shipping and easy install i will always be buying from you keep up the quality.

Quick Reply: subframe connectors