Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help identifying a Caliper

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying a Caliper

I have a 98 V6 Camaro, from what I can tell it has LS1 brakes swapped on it, unfortunately the slider pin was seized and broke when I was trying to remove it. I called up a guy I know and he has a new set of calipers. They look IDENTICAL to the ones I have except there are no ribs on the back. When I went to mount them the bracket was slightly different and it hits the rotor preventing it from turning.
From what I can tell these are NOT Camaro calipers, can anyone verify this to me? there are no ribs on the back half of it, it is smooth.
The caliper bracket that's on my car currently is pretty much the same as the one pictured below but the mounting bolt holes are spaced out a little more.

Are these V6 Calipers? if so then why does every parts store around me only have ONE listing for Camaro rotor size? V6 and V8 show to be identical.

here is a pic of my current bracket (top) and other bracket that came with those calipers (bottom)

Last edited by fc3sbob; 09-17-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Teching In

ok, how about this question to make it easier.. What other car shares the same brake pads as a camaro/corvette? that should narrow it down.. because these calipers take the same pads.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 AM
roy
TECH Resident

98-02 camaro models, there is no difference between the V6 and V8 models

Quick Reply: Need help identifying a Caliper