Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Rear End to not kick out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Rear End to not kick out!

So I understand that a Camaro is a muscle car and all. Has a lot of power and is rwd. But I need some more grip around the turns, mainly in the rear of the car. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do to help me out here?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DNTBJELOUS
So I understand that a Camaro is a muscle car and all. Has a lot of power and is rwd. But I need some more grip around the turns, mainly in the rear of the car. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do to help me out here?
When does it happen and under what conditions?

There's really nothing you're going to be able to do to help a powerful RWD car not kick the *** end out under throttle while cornering. You'll just have to learn the ways of the F-Body. haha You can go with a wider rear tire such as a 305 or even a 315 without much hassle. This will help, but you're still going to have all that torque trying to break it loose back there.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DNTBJELOUS
What kind of tires are you on? What tread rating do they have? How much tread is left?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

better shocks and springs,also consider aftermarket lower control arms and a pan hard bar.

Quick Reply: Need Rear End to not kick out!