Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

J&M 3-Point Subframe Connectors, Double Diamond Style (1993-2002 F-BODY) ARE BACK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine in for a couple weeks now. I put them in to fix a lower control arm mounting problem not really for SFCs specifically. I do believe I can feel a difference though. The chassis feels tighter and I like that for sure. My first autox of the season is this weekend so we'll see how they do with a real stress test.

Mine went straight in with only a little tweak to a heat shield on the drivers side with a tin snips. All the holes lined up fine. I'm running eBay long tubes and a TX Speed 3" Y pipe. The SFCs don't hang down at all but just end up even with the rockers. Actually I wish they hung down farther to protect my stainless Y better!

For all you armchair design guys the only thing on these I would change would be to capture both sides of the LCAs like UMIs do. As for the weight yeah they are heavier then any of us would like but at least the weight is added very low on the car.

I really don't see what you guys are afraid of welding on your cars. Unhook the battery for sure, and computer if you will sleep better, and then burn them in there. You don't need to worry about the heat on your carpet or LCAs, they will be fine. You will never want to take them off anyway so what's the problem?

So the bottom line is if you want good SFCs and don't have a welder and grinder hanging round to make them you really can't beat these IMO.

Last edited by charchri4; 06-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by charchri4
I've had mine in for a couple weeks now. I put them in to fix a lower control arm mounting problem not really for SFCs specifically. I do believe I can feel a difference though. The chassis feels tighter and I like that for sure. My first autox of the season is this weekend so we'll see how they do with a real stress test.

Mine went straight in with only a little tweak to a heat shield on the drivers side with a tin snips. All the holes lined up fine. I'm running eBay long tubes and a TX Speed 3" Y pipe. The SFCs don't hang down at all but just end up even with the rockers. Actually I wish they hung down farther to protect my stainless Y better!

For all you armchair design guys the only thing on these I would change would be to capture both sides of the LCAs like UMIs do. As for the weight yeah they are heavier then any of us would like but at least the weight is added very low on the car.

I really don't see what you guys are afraid of welding on your cars. Unhook the battery for sure, and computer if you will sleep better, and then burn them in there. You don't need to worry about the heat on your carpet or LCAs, they will be fine. You will never want to take them off anyway so what's the problem?

So the bottom line is if you want good SFCs and don't have a welder and grinder hanging round you really can't beat these IMO.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

We have a lot of the reds in stock right now.

Quick Reply: J&M 3-Point Subframe Connectors, Double Diamond Style (1993-2002 F-BODY) ARE BACK!!!