Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Bilsteins, question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is no substitute for Sam's help and advice. If you're smart you will be his customer.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be sure to check your front lower A-Arm bushings for cracks, separation, and deterioration -- if they are, replace those too and get an alignment. You can see them best when the shock is removed and the arm is in the down/limp position. Be sure to snap photos. This, as I discovered when I had mine replaced, can make the car much firmer up front.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 shocks?

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...-shocks-rear-/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KYB-KG5562/
Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Of course they aren't around this forum for help and advice... and my price isn't exactly out of line.
Nope, sounds like a good price to me.

S
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

The Konis come with a lifetime warranty as I understand it...do the Bilsteins come with any warranty? Thought I read somewhere that they did come with a warranty in reference to a different kind of car...
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I have bilstein and I really like em...best bang for the buck for a street car IMO
Agreed, I love the way my car handles.

Originally Posted by MidknyteRacer
Dude you got to read up more on your car, its hard to follow you and help when you don't know what your talking about fully. This site alone has a massive amount of knowledge just clicks away. Don't be that guy who just keeps taking the lazy post a thread way to find information that's been recycled constantly on this site alone.

Clickity click click click!

And I'm not trying to be a douche, I just feel for the guys who put time and effort into tutorial threads for questions just like this. Before I went when my spring/strut setup I had over 5 windows open reading tech threads about setups and whatnot, and like everyone else most of this stuff is on a budget!
This is the way forums work. If you don't like it, don't post.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Yes, did you check their website?

http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/s.../warranty.html

Camaro Bilsteins are Setting B6:

"WARRANTY DETAILS FOR TC (B4) / C / HD (B6) / Sport (B8) / BTS (B12) / PSS (B14) / PSS9 & PSS10 (B16) / 5100 (Application Specific) GAS PRESSURE SHOCKS
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Bilstein warrants to the original retail purchaser that, for the life of each Gas Pressure Shock, this product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Proof of purchase is required process warranty. Please return product to the original place of purchase.

WARRANTY RESTRICTIONS
The limited warranties set forth above do not cover normal wear and tear and are non-transferable.
There are only a few specific exceptions to this warranty. They include:
Original equipment shock absorbers - which are warrantied by the vehicle manufacturer,
Improper installation,
Racing, driving competition or off-road use,
Use on modified or other than Bilstein-recommended vehicles.
Bent or broken Rods showing abuse or abnormal wear
Surface finish, boot or mounting hardware such as, but not limited to, rubber bushings, as well as labor charges are not covered by any of the foregoing limited warranties.
Bilstein's liability for a defective shock absorber is limited to replacement of shock with a new or reconditioned Bilstein shock absorber. Repair or replacement as provided by this warranty is customer's sole and exclusive remedy in the event of a product failure. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the disassembly, handling, installation, service, repair or use of this product. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Note: Other exclusions may or may not apply in certain states or rare circumstances."

Originally Posted by theaccountant
The Konis come with a lifetime warranty as I understand it...do the Bilsteins come with any warranty? Thought I read somewhere that they did come with a warranty in reference to a different kind of car...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

A coating or film = not defective.......

Old 10-16-2011, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sam strano is a hop, skip, and a jump away for me,ill need new shocks soon too,ill be calling you sam this winter.

Quick Reply: SLP Bilsteins, question.