Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My car rides like a covered wagon!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car rides like a covered wagon!

I know I'll never get a Cadillac feel from the car but damn it sure rides rough.

It's a 2000 z28 full suspension, spohn adjustable upper and lower a-arms, b&m k-member, lca's, torque arm, panhard bar, ground control coil overs with bilstein shocks and eibach springs. What do I need to do to keep it low, hook at the track, but not have it shake my brains out every time I drive it?

Thank you for your input.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate eibach springs, imo they look killer but thats about it,i think they ride like crap
Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eibach springs here too. rides like crap
Old 10-07-2011, 11:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

No mention of spring rates, ride height, etc. You have a lot of parts there that could be the problem, and a number of things that could be conspiring to be the problem. Though you do so "keep it low". That indicates it's pretty slammed and it's a matter of physics. The lower you are the less compression travel you have. Also the less distance you have available for the dampers to actually damp the higher rate springs.... one reason upgraded dampers are smart with lowered cars because the greater rebound damping helps tame the springs in the shorter travel.

I say it time and again, but folks don't wanna listen, Bilstein's are not the ideal for lowered cars, and certainly not for coil-over/weight jacker cars as they tend to be lowered even more. And GC often supplies a spring rate way beyond what Bilstein's can tolerate. While not a fan of Eibach production springs, these are race springs and you can't blame them for a poor choice of rate or height, or shocks.

Control arms don't generally help the ride quality. Depending on the style of torque arm that could be contributing.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing you have either poly bushings or rod ends on your suspension. Get rubber bushings.

Quick Reply: My car rides like a covered wagon!