Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake motive brake question??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake motive brake question??

Hey guys I just installed brake motive rotors and pads about 2 weeks ago maybe 3 .. Any ways recently they have been squeeking alot loud :/ not sure?? I made sure to clean the rotors and everything... Is this common ? Or? It's a little annoying to have new rotors and pads and they squeak like crazy please let me know your thoughts... Also I may not have done the breaking in process right.. Not sure, but would that cause this? Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

I was considering picking up those pads/rotors because i have needed new brakes for about a month but i cant really change my own stuff due to the lack of a jack or stands right now..
So i took it to my mechanic and he said all i needed was new pads all the way around..ran me like $120, but now their squeaky which yes i agree is annoying for something new and also want to know a solution to this problem.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camaroboy14
Hey guys I just installed brake motive rotors and pads about 2 weeks ago maybe 3 .. Any ways recently they have been squeeking alot loud :/ not sure?? I made sure to clean the rotors and everything... Is this common ? Or? It's a little annoying to have new rotors and pads and they squeak like crazy please let me know your thoughts... Also I may not have done the breaking in process right.. Not sure, but would that cause this? Thanks
IMPORTANT: BREAK IN NEW BRAKE PADS/ROTORS USING THE PAD BEDDING PROCEDURE AS FOLLOWS. PROPER PAD BEDdumDING CAN PREVENT ROTOR WARPING.

The break in procedure is critical to brake performance. The reason for a proper break in is to establish an even layer of friction material deposited on the rotors from the brake pads. It is very important that this initial layer of friction material is evenly distributed. Break in the pads as follows: 5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. Then do 5 moddumerate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot. After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure. After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.

You may also need to replace the retaining clips if they have become worn or corroded over time. Please give us a call if you still have any additional questions or concerns!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem but not with brakemotive stuff. I did the whole bedding process when they were new. I also did it a few times after a few thousand miles just to try and get rid of it but the squeek just comes back after after a few stops while regular driving in the city.

I think its just the pad compound. Going to be changing to a different brand pad.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 AM
TECH Resident

yeah i just did the break in process nothing..its fine they still stop great and i am about to put my car away for winter any ways..
Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

have you visually checked to make sure there is nothing in there?

Quick Reply: Brake motive brake question??