Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Chassis stiffening/strengthening

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
not buying another BMR part til I get the hot chicks phone number .......
813-867-5309.... haha
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well that was easy haha..Looks like I'm gonna be doing a 22mm rear bar, LCA relocation brackets, and a Watts Link then should be pretty set from there
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1Psycho
well that was easy haha..Looks like I'm gonna be doing a 22mm rear bar, LCA relocation brackets, and a Watts Link then should be pretty set from there
That's not really her number, it's from the song 867-5309. haha
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kevin. I was going to post her number as ours but didn't want the phone ringing off the hook. Wait a minute...
Old 11-04-2011, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hey Kevin. I was going to post her number as ours but didn't want the phone ringing off the hook. Wait a minute...
Haha, that would have been a terrific strategy. I would have applauded it.

I'm a bigger fan of our model Brittney.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Sorry to drag this back on topic and all....

First, my bars are a matched set. Running the front without the rear will make the rear feel lazy and relatively slow to react, especially if you don't have adjustable shocks to help take up the slack on the response side.

Shocks matter, a LOT when it comes to how crisp and reactive a car is, which is why I run Koni's so much. Bilstien's are great for cruising around, but if you want the car to really, really work they way it can, then you need to pony up for the Koni's.

LCA brackets are useless for the purposes laid out here.

A Watts link is never a bad idea for a handling car, but again the rear bar is item #1 on the list (and bigger isn't better here, too big can be as bad as too small... like the 3 Bears you kind of want "just right"). In fact I also offer 1" hollow rear bars if you are hell bent on one, AND I make them in both standard and adjustable, just like the 7/8" rear bars too.

Chassis stiffness. Never bad to stiffen the chassis. Stiffer chassis make all suspension parts work better since you are essentially building a stronger foundation under the house.

You have some of my parts, but nothing like a setup I'd have recommended if I knew this was the goal from the start.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
That's not really her number, it's from the song 867-5309. haha
That's Jenny's number!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Sorry to drag this back on topic and all....

First, my bars are a matched set. Running the front without the rear will make the rear feel lazy and relatively slow to react, especially if you don't have adjustable shocks to help take up the slack on the response side.

Shocks matter, a LOT when it comes to how crisp and reactive a car is, which is why I run Koni's so much. Bilstien's are great for cruising around, but if you want the car to really, really work they way it can, then you need to pony up for the Koni's.

LCA brackets are useless for the purposes laid out here.

A Watts link is never a bad idea for a handling car, but again the rear bar is item #1 on the list (and bigger isn't better here, too big can be as bad as too small... like the 3 Bears you kind of want "just right"). In fact I also offer 1" hollow rear bars if you are hell bent on one, AND I make them in both standard and adjustable, just like the 7/8" rear bars too.

Chassis stiffness. Never bad to stiffen the chassis. Stiffer chassis make all suspension parts work better since you are essentially building a stronger foundation under the house.

You have some of my parts, but nothing like a setup I'd have recommended if I knew this was the goal from the start.

Thank you for brining it back on topic lol. If the front without the rear makes it feel lazy then I can't wait to get the rear and see how the car reacts to that! I'll be picking one up soon. Koni's were on the list but I didn't know they were that beneficial to handling over Bilsteins so they just moved up haha. Well I bought the car with the shocks/springs/FSB already on it, I've only added the subframes but the great thing about parts is they can be changed! What would be different from a setup you would recommend putting on?

Quick Reply: Chassis stiffening/strengthening