Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how low will it drop with 6.0 swap and bmr A-arm

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how low will it drop with 6.0 swap and bmr A-arm

i'm ready to drop a 6.0 motor in my 99 ta as soon as the rest of the order parts are coming in the mail. in the mean time i want to start ordering bmr suspension parts i saw bmr new 1" A-arm drop and really want it, instead of the lowering springs. my question is once the 6.0 iron block is drop in is it really going to drop lower than the stock 5.7 height? i hate to order the A-arm and come to find out its already lower enough than the stock height. i have 17" zo6 wheels all the way round right now, but plan to keep the 17" up front and 18" in the back.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...&productid=841
Old 11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the weight difference is around 80lbs...put two 40lb bags of dog food (or whatever that weighs 80lbs) on the core support and judge for yourself
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey there, thanks for thinking of our product!

Adding a 6.0L usually drops the front a very MINIMAL amount, maybe a 1/16 of an inch, to be honest. (approximately 80lb difference over the aluminum LS1) So our 1-inch drop A-arms won't slam your car on the ground and should lower it a very nice amount on the stock springs up front. Actually, running our rears in the back would probably even the car out pretty nice but maybe take the isolator out first and see if that lowers the back the way you like to compliment the front.

This is assuming you have stock springs and want to keep them if you can.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
I think the weight difference is around 80lbs...put two 40lb bags of dog food (or whatever that weighs 80lbs) on the core support and judge for yourself
LOL. that's what i intend to do is to lower only the rear if i decide to get the A-arm. i already order your non adjustable lower control arm you think i will need a relocation brackets. the rear tires will be wide (315 or 295) and am afraid the wheel might hit it. on your web sit it said the brackets will not work with after market rear end. i will be upgrading to moser rear end.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by oscar
LOL. that's what i intend to do is to lower only the rear if i decide to get the A-arm. i already order your non adjustable lower control arm you think i will need a relocation brackets. the rear tires will be wide (315 or 295) and am afraid the wheel might hit it. on your web sit it said the brackets will not work with after market rear end. i will be upgrading to moser rear end.
I think you have meant to reply to me. The weld-in relocation brackets will work on an aftermarket rearend or the bolt-ins can be modified to work as well. In both cars, they must be welded. Some aftermarket rears come with relocation-style brackets.

You shouldn't have any trouble with the 315s or 295s on the rear of these cars. There is a thing called the BFH mod...otherwise known as the "Big ******* Hammer" This is because the only area you'll need to clearance is really on the inside near where the bumpstop is mounted. The outer fender can be avoided with the correct offset wheel. Just grab a hammer and push the inner fender well in a good inch or two with the hammer.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: how low will it drop with 6.0 swap and bmr A-arm