Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

98 camaro pulls to the left on hard acceleration+

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IVRedZ28LS1
I have a 98 camaro with qa1s all the way around and eibach springs prokit. got some suspension work done to it got edelbrock adjustable torque arm, umi torque arm relocation, spohn adjustable panhardbar, lakewood rear lower control arms. Vehicle has new BFG tires in the front and mickey thompson drag radials in the rear. alignment of vehicle was performed. But my problem still exists before and after alignment and new front tire replacement recently. My question is when i accelerate car picks up from the front end, shifts to the left a bit, then vehiclepulls to the left while accelerating. d?Does anyone have any expierence with this or seen this happen. What do i need to correct this problem? Bad rear lower control arms? Does anyone know whay is casuing this problem. vehicle never had this problem before at all. Problem just started recently when i started to drive vehicle.

what do you think?

take your lower control arms out and swap sides. this will confirm or rule out those being bad 100% in about 20mins of work.

after that, given it still pulls left you gonna wannd check if the rear is centered or not?

after that lift the front and spin the wheels and check for play.

then lift the rear and spin the wheels and see how the posi acts and feels. you can start it and see how the lock in with power going to the posi.

next check the adjustment on your QA1 setup and increase spring pressure by turning the adjuster on the left shock.

Mark

Quick Reply: 98 camaro pulls to the left on hard acceleration+